Preemies

I HATE the stomach bug!!

It swept through our babysitters's house all last week. We kept DD home till this week when everyone was healthy. I figured that we'd survived without issue but Thursday afternoon around 4 she started puking. She thew up 4 times total but by bed time took some pedialyte and went to sleep. She seemed to get it pretty mild and by Friday mid day she was drinking small quantities of milk and tolerating it fine. She has been back on her feedings since but last night at 1am I woke up with it 10x worse. The only good news was that it only lasted about 16 hours. I am still achy and my belly is unsure but I am done puking and dry heaving. DH has managed to escpae it...so far.

Of course we just gave DD her bath and afterwards she had a bit of reflux and we could hear it gurgling. She seemed ok and a little later we gave her her vitamins and she puked. I am trying to reassure myself that it was just because she was agitated with the poly visol. She didn't throw up much and we gave her a break but she has since taken 1/2 of her bedtime bottle without issue. She seems happy but inwardly I am panicking! Please reassure me that she couldn't have gotten the stomach bug a second time...right???

Re: I HATE the stomach bug!!

• I hate the stomach bug too.  It is unlikely that she would get the same bug again so soon, however when DS got the bug he threw up alot the first day and then once a day for a several days.  My pedi said that some kids are just like that.  The vitamin just may have been too much for his system.

I hope all of you feel better and your DH doesn't get it.

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • I HATE the stomach bug too. it's the reason I've been MIA. Kevin and I both got it on Thursday and are now starting to feel a little better. i don't think you  can get it twice. I really hope not!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh - It must be runing like crazy in Indy!  DH and I just got over it!!!  It was exactly the hell you describe. My  mom came to help with Andrew (since Dh and I were both out of commission) and even with crazy hand washing she was sick the next morning.

I'm not sure if Andrew got it - he did puke up one entire 9 oz bottle (alllll over my lap) the night before I got sick...but that's it. And he was fussy. If he did it was a mild version!

(hugs))) I hope she is ok and getting well soon!!

• Ugh!! I HATE it, too! But who doesn't! I have only gotten it a couple times in my life but I fear it all the time. It doesn't help that throwing up is like a major phobia of mine, I wish it didn't freak me out as bad  :(
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Thanks all! DD ended up being fine (thank god) but she was up multiple times for no reason. Of cours DH woke up at 4am with it. Yuck. I guess better today than tomorrow when we both go back to work but it still sucks. I was hoping he would escape without experiencing it this time around.

Hope everyone else battling it is feeling better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"