Preemies
Options

Monitor

Since we didn't anticipate having a son with issues that concern his trachea and esophagus, we got a cheap $20 monitor - it seriously transmits sound, that's it.  And, it has a pretty hefty amount of static, so I have to turn the sound down a bit to hear the actual sounds in the room.  

Now that the situation is different, and I know that my son is not very loud because of his reconstructed airway, I need recommendations for pretty sensitive monitors.  Who makes the best for catching sound?

Thanks! 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Monitor

• Options

We have this one and really like it.  https://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Products/Home-Safety/Monitors/Audio/Details/1875-08024-High-Def-Digital-Monitor

Since it is high def., it doesn't receive interferance with other baby monitors in the neighborhood or from other electronics/technology in the house.  It is pretty sound-sensitive.  I'm listening to DS wake up from his nap right now and I can hear him rolling from side to side.  It also works long range.  I would take the dog out to pee and could still hear DS.  I think it runs around $60-$70.

• Options

we have an angelcare.... i'm not sure what the measurements are for sensitivity, and i keep it in the same place in the house/bedroom (it came with 2 recievers)... but i know that i have to turn it down to sleep because i can hear every little rustle she makes. (and i wake up to everything! haha!)

it also has the breathing pad that alarms if they stop breathing... we haven't used that yet because she's been on a monitor and oxygen.. but it's coming up on that time.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have an angelcare monitor for our DD and love it.  the movement monitor part of it is essentially an apnea monitor & it is wonderful for our peace of mind.  I think it was around $100/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"