High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

*Bedrest Mama's Check-In - Friday*

**Bedrest Mamas check-in: Friday**

-->

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!

Name - Jennifer

Due Date - 4/16

Date Placed on Bedrest - 12/31

Type - strict home bedrest

Why ? hypertension; pre-e risk

Question of the Day - This one is a multi part question.......  If you plan on breastfeeding, are you also going to pump and bottle feed?  If so, when are you going to introduce the bottle?  And what kind of bottles are you going to use and why (i.e. glass vs. plastic, brand)?

Answer - I want to breastfeed Sam.  I am going to try to pump and introduce a bottle a couple of weeks after delivery, provided that Sam is not a preemie and I can breastfeed him right away (otherwise, I'll provide my mild and breastfeed as soon as I can).  I want to introduce the bottle so that 1 he is used to it when I go back to work, and 2 so DH can also "bond" with Sam at 3 a.m. feedings (i.e. so DH can share some of the feeding responsibilities - though I know it really will provide them some bonding time too).  LOL!  I want to use glass bottles because I hear they warm more evenly and for some reason I just have it in my head that glass is better.  Plus, I've heard of plastic bottles melting when you sterilize them in the microwave or in boiling water.  I'm leaning toward the BornFree bottles.  They have a wide mouth, which many of my friends have said were recommended by their lactation consultants, and they seem to have pretty good reviews on the BRU and Target websites.  Plus, I few of my friends have recommended them.   

Update:  No real updates today.  My mom and a good friend of hers came to visit today.  Her friend as so sweet and made us some food (a huge roast, a pasta salad and cookies - all low/no sodium) and she also brought us a baby gift.  Plus, she was trying to get me to tell her what needed to be done around the house so she could help.  It was very nice and way too generous I thought.

After my mom and her friend left, my chiropractor came over to my house (since I can't go to him) and adjusted my back for me and did some acupuncture.  I'm hoping that will help with some of the lower back and hip pain I've been having over the past few day.

And that's about it.  I hope everyone is having a great weekend.   

Re: *Bedrest Mama's Check-In - Friday*

• Options

Name - Lauren

Due Date - 3/23

Date Placed on Bedrest - all 1st tri through 16 weeks and again starting 1/4

Type - strict hospital bedrest

Why ? IUGR

Question of the Day - This one is a multi part question.......  If you plan on breastfeeding, are you also going to pump and bottle feed?  If so, when are you going to introduce the bottle?  And what kind of bottles are you going to use and why (i.e. glass vs. plastic, brand)?

Answer - I feel very strongly about breasfeeding and its nutritional benefits so I plan on bf little buddy--originally the plan was to just breast feed and only use bottles for when we had a babysitter or some other reason I couldnt feed directly--well now that we know LB will definitely be in the NICU for some amount of time I will be pumping at 1st so they can begin giving him my milk via gavage tubes and eventually I will want to feed directly--I will be pumping into the small plastic bottles provided by the NICU but then once I am home--if he is still having feeding issues and cant feed directly I dont know what we will use--I havent really looked into it much b/c I've always heard that babies can be very particular and only take specific kinds of bottles--Ive heard alot of good stuff about Dr.Browns so we will maybe try those and I have a few medela plastic bottles that came w/ my pump so I will use those too--I dunno we will see what works best when the time comes  

Update: No real updates today--my mom,dad, sister and her friend stopped by today (my little sis just turned 18 and got her 1st tattoo right before she came and wanted to show me haha) then my friends dani and shannon stopped by to visit for a bit--my friend had her baby shower today that I planned/"hosted"--I was super bummed I couldnt be there since shes my bff and I was looking forward to seeing all my planning coming to fruition but I heard it went well and looked great and she got all great presents (no clothes all really useful baby gear!) So I was glad about that--other than that I am going to watch my last 2 episodes of season 5 Lost tonight and maybe go to bed early

**Jennifer--I am SO jealous your chiropractor comes to you--I would love to be adjusted!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lauren - here is my disclosure statement....... he and his wife are also friends of ours.  So, he's been offering since I was put on bedrest because I was right in the middle of a 12 session treatment program.  Today was the first time I actually let him come over though.  But, since it felt so good, I think I'm going to take him up on his offer and have him come over more often!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Name - Christy

Due Date - 5/11

Date Placed on Bedrest - 1/12 (23 weeks)

Type - modified bed rest

Why ? short cervix

Answer: I'll be going back to work after the baby's born, so I will definitely be pumping & bottle feeding. I haven't really put much thought into this yet, though... so I have no idea when I'll introduce the bottle, or what kind of bottles we'll use. Guess I need to start doing some research!

Update: Spent the day on the couch while DH worked on the nursery. He's painting it light tan with wide, slightly darker vertical stripes.  So far we've got one coat of paint up and I'm really excited to see how it all turns out. He and my MIL went today to look at a glider, and while they were out they bought me some new clothes. My maternity wardrobe was geared to my office job, and since I wear sweats all of the time now, I needed some more options :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"