Northern California Babies

Last minute party questions

1. Favors - do you have them set out at the start of the party sort of on display, or do you set them up towards the end?

2. Cake - do you only count the # of kids in your planning, or kids + adults.  I always plan kids + adults because DH and I ALWAYS eat cake at children's parties, but I notice that other parents don't seem to touch the cake.

Thanks!  :-)

Re: Last minute party questions

• If the gift bags are cute, I would put them out on display near your exit.  Unless you think they would be too tempting.

I would count adults for the cake.  Better to be safe than sorry, I think.  And if there are leftovers- I'll bet you could handle them.  (Or send them home w/ people?)  :)

Have fun!!!  Let us know how it all went!

• I would display the favors since if they are cute they can double as decorations.  Plus, that way you won't forget to give them out.  I would just make sure they are out of reach of the kiddos.

Definitely count adults for cake.  I always eat the cake.  I don't trust anyone who doesn't eat the cake. (ha, ha)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually put them out because if I don't I've been known to forget to hand them out!

I do count adults too but we always end up with leftovers.

• 1. I would set up the favors now just in case some people sneak out early and you forget to hand them out.

2. As far as cake, I always include adults in the count. Smile

Have a GREAT party & can't wait to hear & see all about it! Wink

• I agree w/pp - definitely put the favors out and include the adults in the cake count. We always have leftover cake too, but both DH and I eat cake at parties (he always says he only want "a bite" but I refuse to share my piece so he has to have his own, LOL) so think it's safer to include grown-ups in the count.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I always eat cake too! But I would say NONE of the adults at Ryan's party ate cake. :(

For favors, I had them out as they were part of the decor.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"