Georgia Babies

Ok Grocery Store Shoppers

Who has the best deals and quality on meats...poultry, fish, beef, pork etc... quality vs. qauntity and do you really see a huge difference?

I generally shop at Costco for most of my meat but I have been thinking about looking elsewhere.

Re: Ok Grocery Store Shoppers

• Good question. I always shop at Publix for my meat. I check the sales ad to see what is on sale, and then make a menu for the week based on that.  I am not a big fan of the Kroger selection, but it could just be because the Kroger by me is pretty ghetto.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've heard that Costco has the best deals on meats. Better prices than grocery store sales, even.

Everything else, I get at Publix. I love their BOGO and the fact that you only have to get one of the items (for half off) to get the deal.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I buy all of our meat at costco. Unless something is on super sale but in terms of steak costco has the best quality I think.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We buy almost all of our meat at Publix. Like Ally, we see what is on sale and plan our meals around that. We do buy some meat at Costco, though, especially if we are having people over for dinner and need larger quantities.
  • I usually buy all my meat at Whole Foods because I only buy organic and they have the best selection/freshness.  Publix has some organic stuff, but their prices are the same or sometimes more.  I do stock up on chicken there though if they ever have a sale on organic stuff.  It's expensive.
  • Costco has really good quality meats and great prices.   But selection is where they kill me.  I get 90% of our meats at Costco, the rest at either the Farmers Market or Publix. 

Also, maybe its just me, but I would never buy "sale" meat.  To me sale meat means "expiring soon" meat.   I could be wrong, but that's my perception so I don't buy it.     And I would NEVER buy sale fish.  

• I buy all my meats at Costco... You might try SamsClub.
  • Meat from Costco or Super H Mart when we can get out there.  Meat and definitely seafood from YDFM when shopping locally. 

I'm a FL girl so we love Publix compared to other grocery stores - their store brand is great.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecare99:
    I usually buy all my meat at Whole Foods because I only buy organic and they have the best selection/freshness.  Publix has some organic stuff, but their prices are the same or sometimes more.  I do stock up on chicken there though if they ever have a sale on organic stuff.  It's expensive.

We shop at Whole Foods for quality, Costco for price or Publix for convenience.

care99- The Greenwise stuff at Publix is NOT organic. It's raised without hormones/antibiotics but isn't organic (meaning the meat doesn't have to have access to pasture, it could be from cloned animals, doesn't have to be fed organic foods, etc). Their Greenwise label is very deceptive I think.

• imagemingaling1:

Meat from Costco or Super H Mart when we can get out there.  Meat and definitely seafood from YDFM when shopping locally. 

I'm a FL girl so we love Publix compared to other grocery stores - their store brand is great.

We love HMart. Do you hit the ones on the Northside or down in Riverdale?

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemyrall:

We love HMart. Do you hit the ones on the Northside or down in Riverdale?

We go to the one in Duluth on Pleasant Hill - I try to hit some of the Chinese stores along the way.  LOVE.  And there's no way we go there without eating at the food court first.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"