Baby Showers

how many towels (hooded) did you register for?

wondering if 2 is enough and 3 is overkill?

Re: how many towels (hooded) did you register for?

• I've heard from moms that they aren't worth having.
  • You don't need any. Just dry the baby off and put their pj's on.
  • Loading the player...
  • just one set for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • two is plenty. it's nice to have more than one in case your baby has an accident on one.

I recommend the thicker ones, just from personal liking.

• I liked the hoodie towels. When DS was small, they were great. 2 was enough.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I didn't register for any, but we got a few as gifts and I like them.  They're softer than my regular towels and although they're thinner, I think it makes it easier to wrap DD up in them.  I think 2 is plenty.
  • I got like 6 at my shower. I don't care for them b/c they are the really thin ones. I would have preferred something thicker. Usually I'll just use regular towels on our lo
  • We use them every night.  Two wouldn't be enough for us, though.  We have four, and that seems to be the perfect amount.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 3 of the thick ones are nice.  My DS is over 3 and we still use them.  Once dried he likes to be "superman" by running around with it on his head.  lol
  • We registered for 2 - 4 (I can't remember now, I think it was 2 sets that each had 2) and ended up with, oh, like 10. And no gift receipts. And duplicates of ones that were not on our registries.  It seems to be the "in" thing because every mom in my play group has the same type of insane double digit count of hooded towels.  I figure I can use some for the pool this summer. I like them and we have a mix of thin and thick but I don't think we needed this many.  Oh well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None! Really, I thought I needed atleast 4-5 and I NEVER used them, ha, ha:) You'll find that you just end up using regular towels...they dry the baby better.
  • We registered for 2, got 4, and used them once. They were way too small (couldn't wrap DS up), and way too thin. I cut them up to use as cloth wipes, and they're great for that. Stick out tongue

We used regular towels right from the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"