High-Risk Pregnancy

My gd update...

I was in touch with home health care today and we've got an appt. with a nurse tomorrow morning, bright and early, at 8am.  We're having a bday party for ds (who turned 4 Thursday!!) tomorrow at 1, with family coming in early, so that's why the early hour.  She is bringing me a glucometer (?sp?) and all supplies needed.  They said they were going to monitor me for 21 days.  Why that time period?  I am asking her tomorrow, but is that typical?  Anyway, she''s also going to talk with me about diet, etc.  I am still having a hard time accepting and adjusting, it's been hard to eat lately.  I guess my hormones have me all crazy about this.  Anyway, we're having to pay a little over $500 out of pocket (still paying on two surgeries I had the past 18 months,so luckily they gave us a payment plan).  I am a little nervous about this meeting.  The nurse seems very nice though, so that is a little reassuring.  *sigh*

Re: My gd update...

• Well, expenses aside (being that there's nothing you can do about those), I want to assure you that testing is really easy, not that time-consuming, and if you get a newer monitor (accu-chek, bayer contour/ascensia, etc.) you can test on your arm, which is painless.  Starting out, it seems a little daunting, but you'll be able to do it!

Smile 

• Ditto the pp.  You'll be amazed how easy it is to test and how simple the diet is to follow.  I am surprised at the 21 day monitoring period.  At then end of 1 week following the diet and still showing high numbers they went straight to insulin with me (no pills during pregnancy in Canada)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"