Cincinnati Babies
Options

Lucas went to the allergist today...

...and he has outgrown his nut allergy!! They gave us no hope a year ago, but our prayers have been answered!

He did his food challenge in the office, and showed no signs of a reaction. And he loved the peanut butter!

He is, however, oddly allergic to cod now. So until we have another blood test done, we have to avoid that. We still need to carry our epipen for the cod allergy. But whereas a nut allergy can cause death within minutes, a cod allergy if far less severe.

We are so happy!! There is hope for all the peanut allergic kids on here!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Lucas went to the allergist today...

• Options
    Wow, that is awesome news!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's great news!  Hope it makes life a lot easier on you now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have tears of joy!!!!

That is amazing for you and selfishly I am holding out hope for Brooke. I think I asked on FB, but haven't been on there today to see your answer - where do you take him?

• Options

We take him to Patricia Ghory. She is wonderful! Efficient and straight to the point.

I pray for all the little ones with food allergies. It is a hard life! Thank god cod isn't too hard to avoid!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats Sarah! I used to date a guy in college who had a terrible nut allergy (I couldn't eat PB and give him a kiss until I brushed my teeth!). Glad you won't have to deal with that craziness!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers DS 8-14-09 // DD 1-3-12

my blog

• Options
    That's great news! Cod is a lot easier to avoid than peanuts. :)

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    That such great news!  We take Hudson to Patricia Ghory also, and really like her.  
  • Options

That is beyond wonderful news!! Bring on some PB and J. :) Your life just became a lot easier and less stressful (in that way at least ;)

Happy for you!

• Options
    Oh hooray! What amazing news for you!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    What a huge relief, hard to keep kids out of peanuts once they get older. Celebrate with a reeses cup:)
  • Options
    That's wondeful news! 
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is amazing!!  I am so happy for you!
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's wonderful news!!!  Our DD is also allergic to nuts (and eggs).  I have been hoping she grows out of the egg b/c they too told us it would be unlikely she would outgrow the nut allergy...you gave us hope!!!! 
  • Options

SO incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that I am super jealous.  The allergist told me not to hold my breath about my son growing out of the nut allergy because it's only up to 20% of people that do.  It's such a scary way to have to go through life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"