High-Risk Pregnancy

**Bedrest Mamas check-in: Friday**

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!

Name - Lauren

Due Date - 3/23

Date Placed on Bedrest -all of 1st tri up to 16 weeks, strict started at 1/4

Type - strict hospital bedrest

Why ? IUGR

Question of the Day - Being as it's Friday, what is your FFFC (flame-free friday confession)?

Answer - So I have a few--the first is: I'm actually starting to get sick of visitors, I dont know if I am depressed and its causing me not to want to be social or if (which I think its this) its more boring to have visitors than to be alone, when friends/family come its just awkward they all sit in chairs around my bed, there isnt anything to talk about becuase I see them all regularly and obviously nothing exciting is going on w/ me, I dunno I feel awful even admitting that but, thats what FFFC are for and my 2nd confession is: I am kind of excited about knowing I could be induced next tues. Obviously not excited about having little buddy be born early but since Ive spent 4 weeks in the hospital the idea that an end is near is exciting and I really just want to meet little buddy, see what he looks like, snuggle him, and I think I am getting more comfortable with the idea of how small he is so I am less frightened (please remind me of this on Mon. night when I am posting about how scared I am haha)

Update: No real updates, my doppler flow/umbilical pressure has gone down a little bit which is good and my amniotic fluid levels are still good, Little buddy is doing great on all his NST and BPP's--I asked my peri this morning about being induced and he asked if LB was head down and I said yes (he has been head down for the past 4 weeks) and he said he wants to at least try cervadil to induce me and to see how LB does and if he does well then he will let me continue w/ the induction, if not than a c-section (obvs.) but I am happy to know that he actually wants me to try and isnt just appeasing me in letting me try (if that makes any sense)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: **Bedrest Mamas check-in: Friday**

• Name - Jennifer

Due Date - 4/16

Date Placed on Bedrest -12/31

Type - strict bedrest at home

Why ? hypertension

Question of the Day - Being as it's Friday, what is your FFFC (flame-free friday confession)?

Answer - I more than one Embarrassed  My first is similar to Lauren's.  I was in L&D this morning for a scheduled NST, and I heard a newborn crying down the hall.  Then my nurse came in and said it was crazy today, that they'd had 4 deliveries, a c-section, and another delivery on their way in.  I was a little jealous and wanted to be there having my baby too.......and for a split second I didn't even care if it was at 29 weeks.  Obviously, I don't really want to have my baby at 29 weeks.

With that said.......I really hope that I can make it to 40 weeks and that I have to stay on br until then.  For obvious reasons, but also because if I make it to my delivery date or later, that will be less time that I have to be back at work before summer break.

Finally, the past two days I have forgotten to take my afternoon bp medicine on time.  I've remembered to take it, just a little late.

Update: I went to L&D this morning for a scheduled NST.  I ended up having to be there for 3 hours because Baby Sam wasn't doing what he was supposed to do.  I guess they like to see fluctuations in the baby's heartbeat. I was laying on my left side and there were no fluctuations.  Sam's heartbeat just stayed around baseline.  After about 2 hours, I had to go to the bathroom, so they let me up and when I came back I flipped to my right side.  Sam apparently likes me to lay on my right side because his heartbeat was perfect then.  Unfortunately, my bp is better when I lay on my left side, so now I'm supposed to flip from side to side every now and then.

My bp has been a little wacky the past few days.  Even sitting up, I've been having spikes that are pretty high.  At first I thought maybe it was because I took Benadryl the past two nights for allergies and also to help me sleep (see post from earlier today).  But, then this afternoon I realized that yesterday I ended up at my OB's office for 4 hours doing a BPP, NST, and the 3 hour glucose test.  Today, I was laying down in L&D, but I was still out and about for the appointment and faxing paperwork to my work, etc from 10-3 today.  Plus, I had my perinatalogist appointment on Tuesday.  So, maybe I have just over done it this week.  Bp was beautiful when I was completely laying down in L&D today, so I hate to call my OB about it.  She'll just send me to L&D and my bp will be fine.  Hopefully, I'll be able to rest this weekend like I'm supposed to and it will go back down.

**Lauren - it sounds like you got some good news today about your delivery.  I'm excited for you.  I also feel the same way about visitors, though I don't have as many as you since I'm at home-people don't feel like they necessarily need to come by.  But, I feel like all I have to talk about is my pregnancy and what I learned from the latest doctor visit......and most the time there is nothing really new.  Pretty boring.  So, I'm not feeling very social either.  I don't think that it's depression. I just think it's not really having much to talk about and not wanting to go through the effort of feeling awkward and like you need to entertain people with everything else that's going on.  

• Name - Megan

Due Date - 2/24

Date Placed on Bedrest -1/29

Type - modified bedrest

Why ? high blood pressure, not officially diagnosed with preeclampsia but on the verge if it doesn't get under control

Answer - I am so new to this bedrest thing! In fact I went in for my first internal check and bam! I have high blood pressure. I was sent to the hospital and they ran lots of tests and admitted me overnight.  Luckily my blood pressure went way down this morning but I have to stay on bedrest and I have an ultrasound and some more tests scheduled for next week.  I know it has only been 1 day ladies and I admire all of you who have been enduring this for weeks already! Good luck to everyone!!

]

• Loading the player...
  • Jennifer--thats exactly what it is! I feel like I have to "entertain" even though I know that nobody expects that--its just like I tell the same news over and over again--nothing new! And that stinks about your bp--little buddy likes to be sneaky when I am on the monitor doing my NST's too--he will do great and inevitably in my last 10 minutes he will move around too much and hide and then my "good 20 min" read has to start all over again ugh! Ive spent many days on the monitor for a good 2+ hours (esp since I have twice daily NST's) but I'm sure it stinks more for you since you have to come to the hospital for them--I just stay in bed and they use my bedside monitor--but still it stinks being hooked up and not able to move--my little one doesnt do as well when I'm on my sides either but I know that my doppler flow/umbilical flow is much better on my left side so I'm in the same conundrum (sp?) as you with having to figure out what is best for LO in my positioning

p.s. this board is DEAD today--where is everybody!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Name - Karen

Due Date - 3/18, now set to be induced somewhere around 3/10

Date Placed on Bedrest -1/12 (31 weeks) at home

Type - Strict Bed rest at home

Why ? Extreme Low lying placenta

Answer - well I already confessed earlier this week to still putting my DD to bed each night. But I got yet another one...I am Rh- so I have to get the Rhogram shot a few times during my PG...well it just so happened I had to get it yesterday - well my husband was on conference calls all day and my mom was busy so I drove myself to the hospital 2x to get the blood work done and then later to get the actual shotEmbarrassed. And wow was it weird driving...I haven't driven in like 3 weeks...and its' probably going to be another 7-8 weeks before I get to drive again!!

Update - Dr's office called to have me schedule my induction date. Now the dilema...we had a date that we liked 3/10/10, however it is a Dr I have only seen once. I could have the Dr I like most but we would have to go in on 3/9. So  do we go with the Dr or the date? My DD was an unplanned induction and I had the 1 Dr at my old practice that I had never seen and things went fine. So under normal circumstance I would prob still do the 10th, but my concern is what happens if I have to have the c-section? Do I want a Dr that i don't really know? So we are taking the weekend to mull it over and figure out what we are going to do. But it is nice to have a tentative end date in sight!!!

On a side note...at the hospital last night my BP was pretty high for me - I am normally around 110/70, but I was 135/95. They are attributing it to the increased activity for me for the day but it does concern me a little as I started to have similar issues with my last PG right around 37 weeks. I am hoping it is not a sign of things to come.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageskyllingstadl:

Jennifer--thats exactly what it is! I feel like I have to "entertain" even though I know that nobody expects that--its just like I tell the same news over and over again--nothing new! And that stinks about your bp--little buddy likes to be sneaky when I am on the monitor doing my NST's too--he will do great and inevitably in my last 10 minutes he will move around too much and hide and then my "good 20 min" read has to start all over again ugh! Ive spent many days on the monitor for a good 2+ hours (esp since I have twice daily NST's) but I'm sure it stinks more for you since you have to come to the hospital for them--I just stay in bed and they use my bedside monitor--but still it stinks being hooked up and not able to move--my little one doesnt do as well when I'm on my sides either but I know that my doppler flow/umbilical flow is much better on my left side so I'm in the same conundrum (sp?) as you with having to figure out what is best for LO in my positioning

p.s. this board is DEAD today--where is everybody!?

I was thinking the board was dead today too.  I'm a little worried about everyone, but I hope it just means that everyone is having a fabulous Friday night!

Why do we put such pressure on ourselves and feel like we have to entertain everyone even when we're sick or on br or whatever.  My MIL came over today and I apologized that my kitchen wasn't clean and that the house wasn't straightened up.  HELLO!!!  I'm on br and can't do anything about it and DH has been super busy this week and hasn't had time.  Uggghhhh!  It irritates me that, as women, we feel responsible for everything and everyone!!

I think our LOs just like to play games.  It's like they're already playing hide and seek.  LOL!  It does stink to have to go to the doctor's office or the hospital for NSTs.  But, I have to go at least twice a week (this week ended up being 3 times) so I better get used to it.  Oh well.  I used to wish I knew my baby was ok all the time and I jokingly (sorta) suggested we buy a home u/s machine so I could have an u/s anytime I wanted.  So, I guess this is the answer.......now I get to find out twice per week whether Baby Sam is ok or not.  *Sigh*  

• Confession 4# - DH just figured out that I've been occasionally eating the regular peanut butter instead of the low-sodium peanut butter he bought me for my blood pressure.  Opps!  I need to come up with a better plan to get my regular peanut butter fix.....
  • Name - Andrewl

Due Date - 3/23

Date Placed on Bedrest -10/29 @ 19 weeks; able to return to light acttivity on 1/4/10

Type - home bedrest

Why ? possible incompetent cervix

Answer - I have two. First since I have been back at work, I have felt like an outsider posting on the daily checkin so that's why I have not been around much. I do check in from time to time and read the posts but I know how we all feel about being stuck at home everyday and here I am able to work so it didn't feel right. Second, I procrastinate a lot and this time it is getting the best of me. I have not finalized a name for this baby yet. I have a couple in the air but none of them move me. I want my baby to have a unique name but not an odd name and I just can't get the right combo down yet. I hope to have something picked out soon.

Update: Had a NST on Thursday. It was great. It was the conversation with the doctor that kind of went down south. I had some pain in my belly on Monday and Tuesday and something told me it was the internal scare on my uterus from the myomectotmy I had in May. Sure enough when I told my Dr. about it, he thought the same thing based on the area of the pain and the fact that it was consistent and just in that one spot. Kinda feels like how thread must feel when you have on to tight jeans and your thighs want out. I have been told to come in if it happens again which so far it has not since Tuesday. Dr. said we were looking at 37 weeks at first but now he would be satified to get me to 35 weeks. He said he fears uterine rupture and that it could be catastrophic. Yeah, not the thing you want to hear from your dodctor I know. So now its a race to get everything in order for the big day which we have no idea when it will be. I think I am going to put myself on a more restrictive plan because I think gravitational pull has some affect on all this business with my uterus. I think I would feel better if there was some way of being able to know the status of the uterus if I did have pain again. You know if you have PTL you can go in and they can determine for certain that's what you have and then try to stop them. With a uterine rupture, you kinda don't know until its to late which for me means a more likely chance I will deliver even earlier than I thought because my doctor is not taking any chances.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"