Georgia Babies

at wits end

nothing will make this baby happy today.  she is so stubborn! clearly sleepy and refusing to sleep.  instead she screams, so i am stuck holding her and typing with one hand.

grr.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: at wits end

• I've found when I'm at wits end, my babies are also at wits end.  You know, just lay Lily down in her crib for a few minutes....10-20 even.  She'll be fine even if she's screaming. Just so you can take a step back. It's so hard, you're doing a great job despite all the sh!t that's been happening to you!  You can do it Julie!

• imagesoon2b3:

I've found when I'm at wits end, my babies are also at wits end.  You know, just lay Lily down in her crib for a few minutes....10-20 even.  She'll be fine even if she's screaming. Just so you can take a step back. It's so hard, you're doing a great job despite all the sh!t that's been happening to you!  You can do it Julie!

I totally agree with Emily. Take a step back and a deep breath. You need a break. She might scream for a little while but that will just tire her out and she will either calm down or fall asleep. Hang in!

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Julie, when Evie was 3 months old, my husband would come home from work most days and find me on the floor holding her and on the verge of tears (me).  3 months was a rough spot for us.  She was not able to nap well, therefore I was not napping.   I got nothing done.   

All I can say is, its a phase and it will pass.  But like Emily said, just be calm.    You may or may not need to put her down for 10 minutes to cry.   You just have to take deep breaths and stay calm and sing to her and relax for you and her both.

You are no doubt under a lot of stress lately.  Any chance she's sensing it?  

Sorry its been a rough day with Lily.   I hope it gets better.    She may also just be adjusting to being home and not on her daycare routine.   (I am assuming she's home from daycare right now, maybe I'm wrong.).  

• Can you lay down with her? When E is having a bad day the only way I can get him to sleep is with me. Today was one of those days. She is probably having an extra-hard time because she is overtired.

She has reflux, right? I would NOT recommend putting her down to scream. Swallowing air makes the reflux worse. Instead, I would put her in some kind of baby carrier and walk around. Eli usually screams at first when I put him in the mei tai (this or a moby are the best for this problem) but he settles down in a min or two with a paci.....Often he falls right to sleep and I can still get some stuff done. GL...I feel for ya, I really do!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"