Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Feeling really alienated

I am just so down right now. Nobody wants to talk about my miscarriages, nobody wants to hear about it.  People just say that it will be ok and not to worry.  I can't even talk to my DH about it because it "stresses him out." I just feel so alone and like I am shutting down. 

Re: Feeling really alienated

• Options
    Sorry that you are feeling alone.  I can completely relate.  Only our immediate families knew and they kind of asked once and that was it.  When I try to bring anything up, they just quickly change the subject.  My DH is a little more supportive and will listen, but he always ends up saying, "It'll happen for us," or "At least we know we can get pregnant."  I've honestly found the most comfort in this board, with other people who have been through it and can understand.  Hope you find the same.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Please know you can talk to us anytime. ((big hugs))

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

While I technically haven't suffered a miscarriage, I lost our baby the day after he was born at 28wks. I can COMPLETELY relate to the feeling alienated. It seems like noboday, not even your DH, understands the pain. It seems that people are even less sypmathetic when it is a miscarriage or a late loss because you didn't have them for very long. They are still your child and it is an awful loss. Losing a child is not the natural order of life. And until someone goes through this, they can't understand. This feeling will get easier to deal with (mine hasn't really gone away yet). Please talk to us as much as you need. We have all suffered a loss of a child in some way and we are here for you!

• Options

I'm so sorry - I hope you can come here and get some support and empathy. I think its hard for people to talk about b/c they just don't know what to say.  Even when people ask me about it - I find I can't really talk about it coherently anyway.  Have you ever kept a journal? Sometimes writing everything down can help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this and that you feel that way. It's true, no one understands until they're in your shoes, and unfortunately... not many people have been. Please come here to vent and talk to us any time you want.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    click the button above to read my blog!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  It's so nice to be able to talk with people who understand.  I think one of the worst parts about losing two babies is the loneliness and the anger at people who refuse to even acknowledge what happened. 

Thanks for being here!

• Options
    So sorry, sending hugs. My family doesn't bring up my loss anymore, they just talk about how we will get pregnant again.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"