Houston Babies

PnP question

We are planning on having DS sleep in our room in the PnP for the first month or so. The PnP that we got has a newborn napper and I'm not sure if he should sleep in that or the bassinet. If he does sleep in the newborn napper, are there sheets or a cover for it in case his diaper leaks?

I am so clueless when it comes to this. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: PnP question

• Do you have a link of hte newborn napper?  I would see if you felt comfortable with the sturdiness of it.  DS slept in the bassinet portion of the PnP.  I was comfortable with that.   There was also a diaper changing station on the top of it, but I would not feel comfortable letting him sleep in that b/c it didn't seem as stable.
  • The napper seems just as sturdy as the bassinet. It is attached in a similar way. Unlike the changing station, it is attached at the head and feet and not just one side.

Here is the link to the PnP. The directions say not to let them sleep in it for long periods, such as overnight, but since newborns don't sleep for long stretches I wasn't sure.

For some reason I thought he might like being enclosed in something smaller instead of the wide open bassinet.

I have a lot to learn about babies. 

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Loading the player...
  • To me, it seems like the baby could sleep in the bassinet portion longer than in the newborn napper...just my opinion.  Allie is sleeping between 5-8 hours in the bassinet so I would consider that overnight.  We have the PNP Deco with the changing table but no newborn napper and really like it. 

I also bought the Snuggle Nest from BRU and love it!  We don't cosleep but it is nice for Allie to take naps in it in our bed or on the couch and it folds up nicely for travel.

• If they don't make sheets or anything for it, just get a few of the lap pads (waterproof, Gerber makes some) and put that in there and cover it with a flannel blanket.
  • imagekat.in.the.hat:
    If they don't make sheets or anything for it, just get a few of the lap pads (waterproof, Gerber makes some) and put that in there and cover it with a flannel blanket.

I never would have thought of that!  Great suggestion!

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• I think it will be fine for when they are tiny, tiny and not moving around, but once they start rocking and rolling more at night, I would switch to just hte bassinet.  Hey, do whatever works to make them sleep!  lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"