Success after IF

drainage tube put in yesterday...

Well it was everything that Davez said it would be, and more. They did it under local anesethia. If not for bfing, I would have gone with general just to get some rest, lol. I officially have a tube hanging out of my boob. The tube is attached to this bulb thing that I have to empty every once in a while. I also have to flush the drain with saline once a day. I go back next Wed for a check and I'm hoping they can take it out then. The tube/bulb just hang there. Very yucky.

I'm pumping/bottle feeding right now b/c I'm so afraid Sophia is going to grab the tube and pull:-/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: drainage tube put in yesterday...

• Yikes! I hope it's all better by Wed!!
  • What we won't do for our babies.  ;)  Hope this does the trick and that you are on the road to recovery very soon.  Is it feeling better yet?  

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • ah, I'm sorry. I know they suck.

Don't forget my safety pin trick if they don't have clips on them. or small little rubber band looped around it, with a pin on that to your bra or shirt or whatever. be sure to watch for any funky stuff around the incision site, and any fever should warrant a call to the doc asap. (I'm sure they told you all this, sorry, I never shut off the nurse thing, lol)

I'll send over my favorite Doc. He's not really a doctor, but he plays one on TV. And he has LOVELY bedside manners..... het.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I'm so sorry...that doesn't sound fun at all! Sad
  • You poor thing.  You're a trooper!  Hope it heals up fast and you can get it out next week.
  • Ugh. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this Stacey. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it one day. My Mom had one when she had her mastectomy. She would wear this little crochet purse & put the bulb in there when she went out of the house. Hang in there!
  • Oh man Cards!!!!!! I cannot believe how awful this is for you.....I really hope it's all taken care of by Wed. and you can resume BFing........

• oh girl, I am so so sorry. I hope this goes away FAST! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"