Texas Babies

pain in my ribs??

So I've been feeling a slight discomfort for a little while, right below my ribs on my right side. I was convinced he's just not big enough for that yet...I'm 26 weeks. But, a friend of mine said that could be him pushing up against me and to try drinking cold water to move him. Well, the cold water works for a bit, but then it's back again. So, could it really be him pushing up against my ribs already??? I mean, cool that he's that big, but ouch little guy...give mommy a break, lol.

Anyone else having this happen?

Re: pain in my ribs??

• Well, I am sure he has something to do with it, but I don't think he is directly pushing against your ribs- just pushing everything else against your ribs!

This site has a great interactive tool to show you how everything gets pushed around as you go through pregnancy.  You will notice that even by week 26, everything is pretty squished.  That is why a lot of women start getting heartburn around that time!

https://www.pennmedicine.org/encyclopedia/em_DisplayAnimation.aspx?gcid=000056&ptid=17

And yes... you will get that much bigger! 

• imagedawnzer:

Well, I am sure he has something to do with it, but I don't think he is directly pushing against your ribs- just pushing everything else against your ribs!

This site has a great interactive tool to show you how everything gets pushed around as you go through pregnancy.  You will notice that even by week 26, everything is pretty squished.  That is why a lot of women start getting heartburn around that time!

https://www.pennmedicine.org/encyclopedia/em_DisplayAnimation.aspx?gcid=000056&ptid=17

And yes... you will get that much bigger! 

Wow!! That site rocks! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I didnt realize everything would be that squished already...but it looks like he's gettin less and less space too. So, looks like neither one of us are completely comfortable anymore, lol.

• Loading the player...
  • how is your blood pressure?

I had pre- eclampsia and they always told me to watch out for a pain in my right side right under my ribs.  Its an issue with the liver.

Anyway, just mentioned it to your doctor. I know its probably rare, but that was the spot I had to watch out for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BP is always good, but I'll be sure to share this with my dr at our appt on Monday. Thankks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"