High-Risk Pregnancy

Intro and question

Hi,

We've started to TTC this month, and I wanted to introduce myself.

I have Crohn's disease and an illeostomy (external pouch). Otherwise, I eat everything and lead a pretty healthy and active life. According to my dr, I'm in good position to have a baby with no more risk compared to another healthy person, provided I don't have a flare up. My pregnancy is still considered a medium-risk. I most likely will have a C-section for delivering. At this point , I'm not taking any medication for my condition, but taking prescription prenatal vitamins.

I am now in my luteal phase, and ofcourse I'm a bit nervous for the pregnancy, hoping that I won't have a bad relapse and would force me to take medication during pregnancy, as I don't want anything to affect the baby. But what can you do, its life.

Anyway, just wanted to share and if there is anyone else with pre-existing condition trying to embark upon the parenthood path, and if there is anything anyone can share about dealing with it - wishing luck to everyone.

Mila. 

Re: Intro and question

• hi there:) 

while i am HR (heart murmur and 2 previous m/c) i do not have Crohn's disease, buy my hubby does...so i understand all about dealing with the flares and medication.  He is currently going on immunosuppressive medication therapy for his disease since he is still having complications with conservative treatment...we are hoping not to progress to the ileostomy stage, but he already has a stricture and was diagnosed only 5-6 years ago...so fingers crossed...

GL with TTC...it can really be very exciting:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"