Two Under 2

getting my butt kicked

This first trimester is brutal.  I remember being tired last time but it is so much worse with a LO.  I feel so bad.  Yesterday I laid on the floor while she played and took five minute cat naps in between her bringing toys to show me and snuggle. And this morning I could hear her talking to herself in her crib at 6:30, at 7:30 I fed her a bottle and laid her back down.  I got up at 8:30 but I don't think she ever went back to sleep.  Bad mama.  Maybe it's just worse this week because my husband has been working a lot (12 hr night shifts) and I basically have her all the time.  I feel like a single parent.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: getting my butt kicked

• I often don't get my daughter (18 months old) for 30-45 minutes after she's woken up cause I'm still so tired. I'm 33 weeks and exhausted, although not as tired as you. I remember that first trimester, and it's a killer.

Anyway, it happens. As long as your kiddo wasn't upset, it's OK. My daughter plays in her crib, sings, talks, etc. I think alone time is good for them. Teaches them how to entertain themselves and teaches them patience.

• I feel you. The first trimester for #2 was difficult for me too. And I had many days that sound just like this.

Luckily, my DS likes to have about 30-45 minutes of play time before and after naps/sleeping, so I usually get a chance to rest that much longer, and slowly wake up. I couldn't survive if I had to jump immediately right out of bed. 

Awesome pic of hubby and DS#1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"My 101 List - Updating asap, I swear!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"