Philadelphia Babies

Annoyed with Main Line Health Perinatal Testing centers

It is so hard to get appointments with them!  My doctor told me to schedule Sequential screening for 11-13 weeks and the earliest they can take me 13 weeks and 4 days.  This makes it too late to get a CVS if something is wrong.  I am really annoyed.  They are so hard to get a hold of too.  I am wondering if I better make my 20 week appt now too just in case they are always too busy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Annoyed with Main Line Health Perinatal Testing centers

• I found that it is easier to get an appointment at Riddle than Bryn Mawr....which is surprising because (at least when I was pg last spring) Riddle is only open like 2 days and Bryn Mawr is open M-F.
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • I had the same problem with Lankenau, but they got me in at Bryn Mawr. Can you doc call and get you in sooner?  My doc did that for me once, but I was high risk the whole pregnancy and had to be seen at certain weeks.  Definitely make your 20 week now!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am using Lankenau and haven't had a problem.  I had my 20 week 12/23 and they had lots of appts around that time.  They also open early too.
  • I'm not sure if you are close, but there is a testing site in Oaks that I used and got right in.  I hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with the posting about Lankenau, they were able to accommodate me at the weeks I needed to be seen, right at 20, 24 and my 28 is right on time as well...plus they open at like 7am.  I would give them a call...only downfall is they can only schedule a month out, so you may have to wait to schedule your 20 weeker...good luck!
  • I'm giving birth at Jefferson in May, and dealing with the maternal/fetal group.  It has been a complete pleasure  - I get all of my appointments  easily - I actually feel like they treat me like royalty scheduling me..they tie all ultrasounds in with doctors appts. and with genetic counseling (when I was in 1st trimester) - so I didn't have to make repeat trips there.....everything is always done at the right time.  If you really get fed up, I SO highly recommend Jefferson!
  • I had the same problem at the same location - my OB's secretary scheduled my sequential screen for me and when I got there the testing center denied me because I was 16 weeks pregnant and didn't know it had to be done <13 weeks... I don't know who to blame, I was in tears and am now slightly scared because I was unable to get the genetic test for Down's. I wish I had better advice for you... all I can do is sympathize :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"