Houston Babies
Options

Help! J's nose is cracked and bleeding.

Joseph has had a perpetual runny nose since he started daycare in June. ?As a result, his poor baby nose is now cracked and bleeding from it being wiped even though we are gentle.

DH was putting Neosporin on it, but it hasn't helped at all. ?Any other tips or advice? ??

imageimage
Pics by Fleurish Imagery

Re: Help! J's nose is cracked and bleeding.

• Options
    We use aquaphor, it seems to work better than anything else.  We just keep her nose lubed up whenever she's sick.
  • Options

imageKelleyA:
    We use aquaphor, it seems to work better than anything else.  We just keep her nose lubed up whenever she's sick.

we do the same.  hope he feels better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vaseline?  I use that whenever the girls get really cracked dry skin and it seems to soothe it.

• Options
    Don't laugh...  Mother's Love Nipple Cream.  It works on EVERYTHING.  Even burns.  It's olive oil based.  IMFun turned me on to it...  Love the stuff and heals things over night.  They have it at Woman's Work. 
  • Options
    pat it dry, rather than wiping when you can. i second aquafor but any of these "lubes" (as truitt calls them) will probably work. i use vaseline on my own nose when it gets like that.
  • Options

I finally got it clean. ?It took about 30 minutes in the bath tub, but it is clean and lubed up. ?Thanks, ladies.

and LMAO at Truitt calling something a lube.?

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

M has the same problem, and we rotate aquaphor and vaseline every other day....it has worked so far. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"