Parenting after 35
Options

Waking to change diaper?

So C is sleeping peacefully in her PNP and I just heard her fill her diaper. Do I wake a sleeping baby to change it, knowing that she won't fall right back to sleep? She is BF so it all gets pretty well absorbed by the diaper.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Waking to change diaper?

• Options
    I wouldn't let her sleep in poop for TOO long (diaper rash concerns) but I don't see the harm in leaving it for an hour. I've done that myself?and formula poop.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I second Robin's response!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless you are already dealing with diaper rash, I'd let her go for a least a while.  At that age she will probably be waking up at eat again soon anyway, right?
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

imagepahokie:
    Unless you are already dealing with diaper rash, I'd let her go for a least a while.  At that age she will probably be waking up at eat again soon anyway, right?

This is what I think.  Unless she is predisposed to diaper rash, I would let her be. 

• Options
    I am the oddball that would go ahead and change the diaper.  I would think she would sleep better w/ a clean butt (hopefully) and I would worry about diaper rash.  I wouldn't be able to relax knowing she had poo on her, but I'm weird like that.
  • Options
    She woke up about 10 minutes later and made my decision for me. I'm always torn about waking her up when that happens.
  • Options

imageYaraC:
    She woke up about 10 minutes later and made my decision for me. I'm always torn about waking her up when that happens.

My mom always says to never wake a sleeping baby.  :o)  Of course, there are exceptions to the rule!

I'm glad that she woke-up so that you didn't have to worry about it!

• Options

If its a nap, I would wait to wake her up. Will she wake soon?

• Options

NO - NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!

sorry for the all caps but do not wake a sleeping baby.  If her diaper is bothering her, trust me, she will wake up and let you know.  Just put a ton of diaper cream on her tush before you put her to bed at night.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm with Shelley on this one. Bowel movements have so much bacteria in it that you don't want that on your baby's skin for very long and with a girl... imagine that on YOUR parts...infection waiting to happen.
  • Options
    personally, i would leave her sleep.  she will wake up soon enough~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't.
  • Options
    imagejlw2505:

NO - NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!

sorry for the all caps but do not wake a sleeping baby.  If her diaper is bothering her, trust me, she will wake up and let you know.  Just put a ton of diaper cream on her tush before you put her to bed at night.

I see that the situation resolved itself, but this is totally our rule.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"