Secondary IF

Anyone do clomid + menopur/repronex + trigger?

My protocol this cycle has changed and I'm nervous about it.  I'm doing clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 and 150 IU of menopur on CDs 5, 7 and 9.  I go for a scan on CD 10 and probably trigger that day. My IUI wil be 36 hours after that.

I'm just nervous because I've always had 2-3 good follies on the clomid alone.  I don't feel comfortable doing an IUI with more than 3 even though I know my chances of triplets aren't very high.

If you've done injectibles, how many follies did you get?  How many for you RE to cancel an IUI?  Mine says from 4-6 max depending on the patient.

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: Anyone do clomid + menopur/repronex + trigger?

• I did Clomid alone for my first IUI-2 follies

Second IUI I did Clomid and Trigger-2 follies

Third IUI I did Repronex (150 IU) for 12 days.  I was a slow responder-2 follies.   The night I tiggered I had 17 and a 19 mm follies and IUI was 36 hrs later.  This was the cycle that worked for me.

My RE would cancel a cycle with 3-4 mature follies depending on who it was.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I worry about that too.  Last month I did 100mg of clomid and a trigger on CD12 - IUI CD13 and 14.  I had 1 good follie and 3 possibles.  Resulted in a BFN, so we're trying again this month.  I do next week for a midcycle check.
  • Loading the player...
  • When I did my IUIs, I went into totally blind, so when I tell you what I'm about to tell you, please don't flame me.  I did my first IUI with 8 mature follies and the second one with 5 mature follies.  Crazy, right?!  I know that now.  But I didn't know that then.  My RE had the whole "selective reduction" conversation with us (which BTW makes me sick to even think about, but that is just me) right before she put the catheter in to turkey baste me.  I am not sure now, how many follies it would have taken for her to have cancelled!  The whole thing really freaks me out now. I wish I had done the research that you are doing, before my IUIs.

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• imageiluvadam:

When I did my IUIs, I went into totally blind, so when I tell you what I'm about to tell you, please don't flame me.  I did my first IUI with 8 mature follies and the second one with 5 mature follies.  Crazy, right?!  I know that now.  But I didn't know that then.  My RE had the whole "selective reduction" conversation with us (which BTW makes me sick to even think about, but that is just me) right before she put the catheter in to turkey baste me.  I am not sure now, how many follies it would have taken for her to have cancelled!  The whole thing really freaks me out now. I wish I had done the research that you are doing, before my IUIs.

Holy cow!  I think I wouldn't even have sex, much less an IUI if I had 8 follies.  I'm glad it all turned out okay.

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"