Parenting after 35
Options

More big news!!!

Mikey had his 1st French lesson today - some DVD with a Panda called Pim - and he finally started solids!!!

We were only moderately successful. He had a few bites and then decided he didn't like it, but it's a start.

PsIP to follow.

eta: The solid of choice was brown rice cereal.

Re: More big news!!!

• Options

Its an acquired taste.  Have you tasted the cereal?  He'll come around and will even start to grunt in anticipation.

Check out amazon for French books.  I have a Dr. Seuss and a few other books that are in french and English with an audio CD.

• Options
    WTG, little M!!  And yeah, it takes a while for them to warm up to solids.  And rice cereal isn't the tastiest.  Most kids really dig oatmeal though.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestever:

Mikey had his 1st French lesson today - some DVD with a Panda called Pim - and he finally started solids!!!

We were only moderately successful. He had a few bites and then decided he didn't like it, but it's a start.

PsIP to follow.

eta: The solid of choice was brown rice cereal.

yeah, N hates the brown rice cereal... but he's starting to like the veggies, go figure!  Way to go Mikey - growing up to be a big man!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    fletch hated all the cereals so we went to veggies pretty quickly around 5 months or so. Then there was no turning back!
  • Options

Woo!  Moderate success still counts!  Yay for French!

@moiselle - They translated Dr Seuss?  Seriously?  I didn't think that was even possible.  I'll have to look. 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Wow!  Mikey is growing up so fast!

It took DD a few tries to get into the cereal as well.  When we started, we made it really thin.  As pp mentioned, the rice cereal doesn't have much flavor.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

Go Mikey!!!!  

Aaron is not a fan of rice cereal. He likes all the other cereals, especially wheat and oatmeal, but not rice. M may like oatmeal better.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    YAY Mikey! I love that he had a French lesson- awesome!
  • Options

woohoo!!! Wow, Mikey is becoming such a little man. This is great.

If it makes you feel better H is not to crazy about cereal either. Or solids for that matter. He takes maybe two bites and he is done. I guess we just keep trying!

• Options
    big day for a big boy! Yes
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mikey is just doing everything lately!  So cool that he's learning French. 

Yeah, the rice cereal isn't too tasty.  Once you introduce applesauce, you can mix some of that in and he might like it better.  Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"