Special Needs

Parents of LOs with poor / low muscle tone...

Were you recommended to get a commercial / store-brand car seat?  If so, what type did you get?  Or did you have to get some sort of adaptive equipment?  And if so, did you get some sort of adaptive car seat?

We were recommended to get the Britax Marathon until our appt. to get adaptive equipment.  That car seat isn't the cheapest, and though we got one, our car was totaled just before the New Year taking along with it a 1-month old, $300 car seat.

Money is tight, and I simply cannot afford to shell out another $300 in such a short amount of time.  I'm looking for recommendations.  Our Dr appts are coming up soon and we need something just to hold us until our adaptive equipment is done and approved by out insurance (I'm told around 3 months).

T-man is close to 28 lbs., has poor muscle tone, doesn't move around a lot and has poor lumbar support (that's another story).

Re: Parents of LOs with poor / low muscle tone...

• We own the Roundabout and the Marathon.  Really the Marathon is just a bigger version of the Roundabout.  You can buy the Roundabout on www.albeebaby.com for $139.  Another place to check is Craigslist, although beware that you never know the history of those carseats.

ETA:  The same website has Marthons for $179.  I've ordered from them and I think they have great service and products.

• I don't know about wh/ car seat will work, but I just ordered a carseat from the site above and it was easy and free shipping and I got it in less than a week, so I can say that it's a good site!

I bought the First Years True Fit (premier), but like I said I have NO idea if it's good for low tone, did anyone say why Marthon was good for low tone? maybe if ya can figure that out you can find another seat w/ that feature, but cheaper.

good luck

imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • my son hasn't transitioned over to a bigger seat yet but i wanted to share this with you https://www.snuggingo.com/Home.html

it works great for keeping my son upright (he has low tone too).  we used it in a highchair and it keeps him in line.

the have a size for ages 1+ too.

just wanted to pass along!

• We have the Recaro Como Convertibles and Ben has no problem in the car seat at all.
  • when our car was totaled, our insurance paid for a new carseat!  Check it out by calling your service.  Ours was Allstate.

My daughter just uses an Alpha Omega, nothing special.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"