TTC after 35
Options

Need face care help

Since going off bc, my face looks like it did when I was a teenager.  Not so attractive on a 38 yo woman.  Anyone have any product/care suggestions ?  Hopefully something that isnt too harsh on the face?   

Re: Need face care help

• Options

Thank you!  I need this too.  I have acne - not pimples.  I've never had acne and when I was a teen I would get the normal 1-2 pimples around AF.  My face cleared up as I got older and I thought I was done with that stuff forever but lo and behold, it's worse than ever.  It all started last year after I left my job. 

I bought some Neutrogena products but was wondering if anyone else had anything better to suggest.  Here's what I got: Neutorgena Advanced Solutions - skin polishing acne cleanser, acne control lotion, oil-free SPF 15 lotion and it came with a sample of Rapid Clear acne eliminating spot gel.  

I started using it Saturday, and it does seem to be working on the acne, it's smaller, but it's still there.  I used Mary Kay's microdermabrasion scrub on it today, to try to get rid of the rough skin. 

I was getting these spots while taking prednisone but they cleared up as soon as I quit, so I'm going to say they are now probably stress induced. 

• Options
    I started using Philosophy Purity after coming off bc.  It's pricey, but it feels good and works great.  It's a very gentle cleanser.  In my mid-twenties (before bc) I was having nasty breakouts like nothing I had seen as as teen.  I suspect that I was actually making my breakouts worse by using cleansers that were too harsh for my skin.
    dx: Fragile X Syndrome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"