Birth Stories

Better late than never - Labor Day delivery

Almost 1 week pas EDD (and getting more than a little uncomfortable) DH and I hit up TGIF's for dinner.  Got the Chips Ahoy Cookie/Ice Cream dessert thingie - apparently that's my trick.  Went into labor by 2am, contractions only 6 min apart, but leaking fluid with every one, so they had me go in to be checked.  Got to the hosp. by 6:15 am - admitted and in room by 6:30 am.  Walked around the floor for a while (Iv in tow - always good for the balance), then epi @ noontime -  VERY comfortable after that.  Watched Sox game, had a lime popsicle... we all know how exciting labor can be.  Pitocin @ 7 pm (contractions not progessing as they should, possibly due to epi but they had never really been shorter than 6 min apart).  Started pushing at 10:30.  One nurse kept telling me she wanted to know what we were naming her (we hadn't told anyone) and she actually stayed 20 minutes past her shift.  Joking about that helped while pushing - I could still focus but I could ignore how tired I was getting.  Samantha Helen popped out (more like swam out - holy fluids!) at 12:24 a.m. on September 7th - Labor Day takes on a whole new meaning.  9 lbs. 2 oz., 21 3/4 inches.  Daddy was first to scoop her up off of the warming bed, while Mommy got her stitches (yikes!).  All in all, a good first delivery.  BTW, the turkey sandwich and apple juice I had after the delivery were the best things I had tasted EVER (hadn't eaten or drank anything with flavor since, well, TGIF's).  Wink 

Re: Better late than never - Labor Day delivery

• I had a Labor Day baby, too! Smile  I kept saying, "I'll never see Labor Day the same again", haha.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • I got a turkey sandwich and apple juice (and a blueberry muffin and chocolte pudding) after my delivery too!  It was the best thing I've ever tasted haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"