Secondary IF
Options

My Lenten project is making me a little sad

I decided in addition to giving something up for Lent I would "do" something as well.  At this point in my IF journey I have been rationalizing why God would delay sending me another baby.  Too many unfinished projects, mayhaps?  (I know God is not this petty, but I am trying to make myself feel better about how I can pass the time.) I haven't finished the baby quilt I was making for Bone Jr and I also ordered personalized photo albums but never assembled any photos in them. So I decided that for Lent I would make the albums for the pregnancy and first two years.  I spend most of yesterday going through all the photos we have on the computer and sending them to shutterfish so I'll have them in time for Lent.  Yay for not procrastinating!  Boo for getting all nostalgic for pregnancy and babyhood!  I miss him as a little baby and I want to do it again! 

P.S. Some please tell me I am not the only one who needs to play serious catch up on baby albums!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: My Lenten project is making me a little sad

• Options

As a thank you for reading my whine, here is a little something to make you laugh:

My swollenass feet at 34 weeks.  I even miss laughing at how ugly my feet got! :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Holy crap!  Your poor feet!  I hope you recovered.  Please forgive my use of the phrase 'holy crap' in your Lenten post.  :P

I am the worst mommy in the world and have not printed a single picture of DD.  I haven't written in her baby book.  I should take up your post as inspiration to do this.  I can't even remember when her first word was. Embarrassed

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not alone :)

I have a baby book that I bought but never filled out. I think I'm scared to be honest. I've always "waited for the other shoe to drop" with this whole process. It was so hard to get PG and then I bled really significantly twice so I wouldn't let my self get attached to the thought that this would be okay. I was SURE something would go "wrong" (as seems to be the theme in my life). Then she was here and we had some real moments of calm and peace but then our life has been disrupted by chaos and moving and such (some self inflicted).

I've always been a worrier and a "what if"er and I know that's not healthy but - believe me - you're not alone.

On the other note, YES! Looking through pictures makes me soooooooooooooooooo longing and nostalgic for the past but I try to remember that I had those days (regardless if I feel like I "sucked them up" enough or not) and now if I spend THESE days wishing for THOSE days I'm going to look back tomorrow and be p!ssed at myself for longing for another time today.

Good luck, I think its an awesome project set!
  • Options
    imagequeenbone:

As a thank you for reading my whine, here is a little something to make you laugh:

My swollenass feet at 34 weeks.  I even miss laughing at how ugly my feet got! :)

Jeepers Girl!!  That looks like it must have hurt like a yatch!!!  Mind you, mine weren't far off.  I was walking around in the snow in flip flops because I couldn't get my feet into real shoes.

• Options

You are not the only one!  DS is 3 and I only have half of his first year scrapbook finished!  I was really into scrapbooking a while back and then IF showed up and robbed me of the ability to enjoy any of my hobbies.  (I'm being a little bit dramatic, I know, but it gives me an excuse for slacking off I guess)

Hey good work on the Lenten project though!  I wish I were as motivated to come up with something that creative for Lent.  I just usually choose something foodish and generic like everyone else.  I think you have inspired me to think about this a little bit more and be more creative.  Thanks!   And good luck on your project!

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options

Whoah those feet Indifferent

Seriously though I too am a baby book procrastinator.  I've only completed Harm's milestone calendar and haven't even started the cupcake's calendar. 

These are my last little babies I think and so I mourn each day that passes.  It is a special time.  But I've a lot of hope for you that you soon will have the new baby time again Wink 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"