Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Did your hospital have the chimes when a baby is born??

Our hospital plays chimes whenever a baby is born. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. :) Unfortunatly you can't hear it in the l&d room though. But our families knew when she was born b/c they heard the chimes. :)

Re: Did your hospital have the chimes when a baby is born??

• Yes! When we were on our tour we heard a chime. I didn't hear it when dd was born though lol
  • No, but that is awesome! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • They play a lullaby. 
  • Aw, how cool!  I have no idea if they do that at my hospital, I certainly didn't notice!!
  • No, but thats a great idea.  I will tell this to my sister who is a nurse on L&D at our local hospital
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope. They didn't do anything special. The only sounds that let you know a baby was born was when the screaming stopped and the "oohs & aahs" began.
  • imageEchowysp:
    They play a lullaby. 

What hospital did you have DS at?  I love that idea and for some reason makes want to consider that hospital.  Since I am not going back to RO Beaumont, for many reasons.  They didn't play anything.

• Yes. They played Brahms' lullaby everytime a baby was born. I think it's sweet.
  • No, they didn't even tell my family that was waiting 3 hours that I was going to have an emergency c/s. I wish they would have done something!
  • Yes they play a lullaby that goes throughout the hospital.  I work where I delievered so we hear it all day long!  But it's anice sound to hear :)  Luckily though it only plays in the hallways, which I was very grateful when I was in the hospital during my ectopic.
  • Yes, but they didn't sound the chimes until I was being wheeled from post op to the recovery room which was 2 hours later. I thought that was a little odd. The nurse that was wheeling me down the hall actually pushed the button that sounded the charms and said "these are for you".

My mom in an oncology nurse and says the nurses/doctors/patients all love it becuase it's really the only happy part of being in the hospital (other than being cured- but you still had to be sick first unlike childbirth).

• I think they play a lullaby. I'm not sure but I'm sure they do something out in the main waiting room. It's so cute!
  • yes - actually mom's coming out of L&D get to press a button and make it play.?

I can't tell you the torture of working on that floor when I was going through infertility.?

• No, but that is cute Smile

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No, and I'm glad they don't.  I'll never forget a friend telling me the story of waiting for her D&C after a m/c and hearing the chimes go off over and over again.  Talk about a knife to the heart.  :(  I think it's sweet, but should be limited to just the immediate L&D area.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageElizC:

imageEchowysp:
    They play a lullaby. 

What hospital did you have DS at?  I love that idea and for some reason makes want to consider that hospital.  Since I am not going back to RO Beaumont, for many reasons.  They didn't play anything.

I am in SE Michigan too.  I know they play Brahms lullaby at St. Joe's in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti.  My husband works there and says they love hearing it all day... something happy happening at the hospital. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image*sallymad*:
    Yes! When we were on our tour we heard a chime. I didn't hear it when dd was born though lol

Wait!! Where did you deliver, I am so jealous!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yup! That hospital no longer delivers babies though :(
  • Ours did not, however that is very sweet.
  • Our's played Twinkle Twinkle little star.
  • imagemlf625:
    No, and I'm glad they don't.  I'll never forget a friend telling me the story of waiting for her D&C after a m/c and hearing the chimes go off over and over again.  Talk about a knife to the heart.  :(  I think it's sweet, but should be limited to just the immediate L&D area.

ours is only on the l & d floor.

• no! i wish they did! i can understand why they don't though. when i was working at the hospital, there was at least one person a week with a pink rose on their door, which meant their baby didn't make it. it would be really hard for those ladies to hear a chime or a lullaby.

ETA - these girls stay on the L&D floor until they are discharged. there were only a few times in 2 years that I saw a pink rose on the Mother/Baby unit.

• Yes, they played a lullaby.  I still tear up thinking about it and thought it was so sweet (except at 3 a.m. when I was trying to sleep :)).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • No and I am glad they don't honestly. My friend was at a hospital where they had that and she was at the hospital in l and d to deliver her baby who died. She said everytime she heard the chimes she burst out crying.
  • yep. : )  they play brahm's lullaby.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIckyThump:
    Yes. They played Brahms' lullaby everytime a baby was born. I think it's sweet.

same- Because i think Icky and I delivered at the same hosp. :P

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageEchowysp:
    They play a lullaby. 

Ours too.  But I couldn't hear it in my room.  

• No, i have never heard of this! That is sooo neat!!!
  • Yes mine does, you can hear it all through the hospital. It always gives me warm fuzzies whenever I hear it :)

We also have the hospital bracelets that plays a little song when mom and baby are reunited if they have been apart for a while (more than 10 minutes I think).

ETA: My hospital plays a lullaby, not chimes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yes, ours did it.  I thought it was very sweet.
    The little love of my life... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageStacyc625:

imageIckyThump:
    Yes. They played Brahms' lullaby everytime a baby was born. I think it's sweet.

same- Because i think Icky and I delivered at the same hosp. :P

Too funny! Did you deliver at Kennedy in Wash. Twp?

• Yes, but we couldn't hear the chimes either.  And to tell you the truth I never thought about it until your post right now.  :)
  • Not chimes per say, but they play Brahm's Lullaby. My DH works in the hospital kitchen. I hear it a lot when I am waiting to pick him up. It is such an exciting sound.
  • Yes, most of the hospitals in the Indianapolis area have this feature now.
  • I don't believe so, but maybe I just don't remember.

Our hospital does have the hugs/kisses chime bracelets for mommmy and baby though...those were nice.

• I think they played a lullaby. I know they did something but can't remember what exactly.
  • I think ours did, but only in the L&D waiting area. I'm not entirely sure, though. If they did, I couldn't hear it.

But our hospital was also known as the baby factory, so maybe not. It would be going off constantly. 

• Yep!  They play a lullaby...I love it.  When they were wheeling me into my room they made it a point to tell me they were pushing the button to announce his birth.  I still get goosebumps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I've never heard of this.  How neat!

I don't guess ours does that - it was never mentioned in the tour (and we never heard it).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"