3rd Trimester

70% effaced and 2 cm dilated...what do you think?

Just curious.  I am 36 1/2 weeks and my MD told me today that baby girl's head is really low, I'm 2 cm dilated, and 70% effaced.  Anybody have similar numbers at 36 weeks....when did you actually go into labor??   This is my first baby, so I'm just clueless!!

Re: 70% effaced and 2 cm dilated...what do you think?

• You could ask 10 different women who were that effaced and dilated at that point and get 10 different answers.  Just saying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it means nothing ....baby will come when it comes....  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageadriennevla:
    You could ask 10 different women who were that effaced and dilated at that point and get 10 different answers.  Just saying.

She's right! I have been 2cm, 90% for 2.5 weeks... and its my 3rd 

• Don't these replies bum you out?  haha  I had the same thought at my 38 week appt... I'm 1 cm dilated and 65% effaced.  My family is all saying "you're getting close!!" but in reality I don't think it means anything.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • It means your baby and body is getting ready....and that is GREAT! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageEmmaNut:
    It means your baby and body is getting ready....and that is GREAT! :)

Yeah, my doc did say that it's good for first-time moms to make progress, I guess because we're more likely to have longer labors. 

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • imageCariVin:
    Don't these replies bum you out?  haha  I had the same thought at my 38 week appt... I'm 1 cm dilated and 65% effaced.  My family is all saying "you're getting close!!" but in reality I don't think it means anything.

This! It bugs me because my mil says, any minute now! I feel like telling her to shut up! 

• Dilation/effacement means nothing. It sucks, but it's the truth. Sad It's hard not to get excited, though. I do, too. I was at 2 cm and 40% at 36 weeks and I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow....I doubt I've had any progress...

The only time it means anything is if (for example) you are at 2 cm at your appointment and go into L&D that night (or a few days later) with contractions and are at a 4 or something...then they know you're progressing.

• A friend of mine has been 70% and 4 cm for more than two weeks...she got checked yesterday, no change.
  • I was the same with my first at 36 weeks. So at 37 weeks, I got a pedicure, and walked the entire mall...slowly but i did it.  the next day i went into labor.

good luck!

• I didn't get my first internal until 38 weeks but here is my progress:

38w: 1 cm, 20%

39w: 3 cm, 80%

40w: 4 cm, 90%

And I am being induced tomorrow.

• With DD, I was dilated 2cms for 2-3 wks before I had her and she was born at 40w3d.
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • I was 70% and 1.5 at 36 & 37 weeks... then 80% and 3cm at 38, 39, and 40 weeks.  I was induced at 40w 3d, and had no cervadil.  Had a pit drip and an epi, followed by a c/s due to Charles not descending. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 1cm dilated, 25% effaced two days ago... no clue it that means much!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"