Cleveland Babies

What hospital did/are you give/giving birth at?

and who is your ob?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What hospital did/are you give/giving birth at?

• I gave birth at Akron General and had a great experience there. My OB is Dr. Fish and Dr. Savitsky. Their office is in the Montrose area. LOVE them.

What hospitals are you considering?

• Dr. Ekman is my OB and she's great, but she was on maternity leave, so I was delivered by Dr. Mikol who we really liked.  We were planning to deliver at Fairview but ended up at Lakewood and it was FAB - I can't say enough about how great the staff was =  nurses, the lactation consultants, everyone!!  Interesting that now that I've had my baby, I've only heard bad things about Fairview...
  • Loading the player...
  • Metrohealth, my OB is Dr Weight....he was AMAZING and i had a great experience. I am also a nurse at Metro and I wouldn't have a baby anywhere else!
  • I'll be delivering at Tri-point in Concord, because that's the only place my OB, Dr. Rosemary Brownlee of Lake (County) OB/GYN delivers.  It's a brand new facility, opened in Oct. 2009, so it seems very nice.  And I really like Dr. Brownlee.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • I wouldnt deliver at Lakewood if it were the last hospital on earth.  Truly, Lakewood is a horrid hospital in general.  I wouldnt take my dying dog there, let alone give BIRTH there.

Fairview has a level 3 NICU. In the unfortunately event that something happen, or you would need an emergency c section, they are far more eqipped to deal with issues.  I gave birth to all 3 of my children there, and it was awesome.  Im pretty sure that the ONLY thing that Lakewood has on Fairview is that you labor, birth and recover in the same room, whereas at fairview you labor and birth in one room, stay there for 2 hours to make sure your bleeding is under control, etc, and then you are moved to a room on the maternity floor.  Honestly, recovering on the same floor that other woman are laboring and birthing, and screaming and walking the halls bent over with contractions would suck. The maternity floor is quiet and very family oriented. there is a GOOD reason why all of Cleveland's top OB/GYN and high risk doctors work out of Fairview :)

• I'll be at SWG in Middleburg Heights.  I was happy that it's right around the corner and I won't have far to drive if I have to get there in a hurry!
  • Did and will deliver again at Hillcrest...Dr. Rao is my OB--he's awesome!
  • imageblushado:
    Did and will deliver again at Hillcrest...Dr. Rao is my OB--he's awesome!

Did you like Hillcrest? My current Dr is part of CCF so I would have to deliver there but my sister works for Women's Prime Health and the deliver out of Lake West. Try to figure out which is better.

• My OB is Dr. Slotta and I deleivered at Lake West in Willoughby. She is awesome. The hospital was great - private room, knowledgable staff, wi-fi.
  • I go to the midwives at Paragon in Akron and I LOVE them! I delivered at Akron City and had a wonderful experience and will go there again with this baby.
  • I'm delivering at Akron General.  I've heard a lot of positive things about them from friends who have had babies there.  Delivering the baby will be one of the OBs from Paragon OB/GYN.
  • imageMrsB1010:

imageblushado:
    Did and will deliver again at Hillcrest...Dr. Rao is my OB--he's awesome!

Did you like Hillcrest? My current Dr is part of CCF so I would have to deliver there but my sister works for Women's Prime Health and the deliver out of Lake West. Try to figure out which is better.

I've only heard great things about the docs at Hillcrest  - I'm a west sider, so it wasn't high on my list, but I know several people over here who have delivered there and were very happy.  Plus, should it be needed, I'd rather have my LO in the Hillcrest NICU than Fairview's - they are the same docs as downtown CCF and most have come from Rainbow over the past few years and the Fairview guys are...

• I delivered at Hillcrest and my dr. was also Dr. Rao.  I love him and recommend him to all my friends.

I had a great experience at Hillcrest but is mostly b/c my mom's is a nurse there in postpartum (sp?) .  She wasn't allowed to be my nurse but worked every night I was there and brought my LO to me to feed on all her breaks.  Was a wonderful experience.

• imageChelseaBelle:
    I go to the midwives at Paragon in Akron and I LOVE them! I delivered at Akron City and had a wonderful experience and will go there again with this baby.

I used to go to Paragon in Green and loved them too!! I had to switch when I got pregnant though b/c they didn't deliver at the hospital I wanted to deliver.

• My First was delivered at Lake West in Willoughby by Dr. Zart.  I enjoyed my experience thouroughly and the Post Partum & Delivery rooms were so nice & big & private!!!!!!!!

My 2nd was at hillcrest by my Midwife Barb.  I LOVED the delivery so much more then my first...but the post partum care I thought was horrible.  Hated my nurses, The room was dingy & just felt dirty & closed in.  I actually checked out a day early b/c I couldn't stand to have the same nurse the next day.  and yes, I voiced my frustration to the nurse supervisor too

Sawyer Quinn (09/06/06), Rory Keaton (04/07/08) and Kinsley Saffron (10/12/10). Forever and ever my babies they'll be. A rose can say "I love you",orchids can enthrall,but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,yes, that says it all.~Author Unknown
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I delivered at Akron City...I had a great experience. This one nurse in particular made it a point to make sure I got to hold DD after she was born, befoe she was transfered to Akron Childrens (I didn't get to hold my son when he was born..even though he was much more sick). And I will forever be grateful for that nurse. My doc was Dr.John Stewart..love,love,loved him. He specializes in high rish pregnancies (I can't remember the technical term), but he said that we are welcome to go back to him again, even if there are no issues..and I plan on it.
    image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Lakewood. Dr. Ekman.

It was a wonderful experience and a great birthing center and every person I know that has delivered at Lakewood has really loved it. I loved being in one room the whole time. I was there for 4 days after an emergency C-section and only once encountered another mom during my entire stay and was never disturbed by anyone laboring. The nurses were wonderful and my family was able to have access to visit me at any time of the day - they were a little more relaxed about visiting hours than other hospitals.

The poster above seems a little angry about it for some reason. Fairview has its benefits - the NICU being one of them - but with a healthy baby and pregnancy, you don't need it. Fairview just seemed like a bit of a baby factory and we really liked the more intimate treatment at Lakewood.

• imagePiranha54:
    Dr. Ekman is my OB and she's great, but she was on maternity leave, so I was delivered by Dr. Mikol who we really liked.  We were planning to deliver at Fairview but ended up at Lakewood and it was FAB - I can't say enough about how great the staff was =  nurses, the lactation consultants, everyone!!  Interesting that now that I've had my baby, I've only heard bad things about Fairview...

Dr. Mikol is my OB!  She delivered my twin boys.  She was great!  We delivered at Fairview and I actually loved it there!  We would have gone to Lakewood had they cooked a bit longer.  They were born at 33 weeks, so we went to Fairview because of the NICU.

• imageAshlynsmommy:

I wouldnt deliver at Lakewood if it were the last hospital on earth.  Truly, Lakewood is a horrid hospital in general.  I wouldnt take my dying dog there, let alone give BIRTH there.

Fairview has a level 3 NICU. In the unfortunately event that something happen, or you would need an emergency c section, they are far more eqipped to deal with issues.  I gave birth to all 3 of my children there, and it was awesome.  Im pretty sure that the ONLY thing that Lakewood has on Fairview is that you labor, birth and recover in the same room, whereas at fairview you labor and birth in one room, stay there for 2 hours to make sure your bleeding is under control, etc, and then you are moved to a room on the maternity floor.  Honestly, recovering on the same floor that other woman are laboring and birthing, and screaming and walking the halls bent over with contractions would suck. The maternity floor is quiet and very family oriented. there is a GOOD reason why all of Cleveland's top OB/GYN and high risk doctors work out of Fairview :)

I can't say enough good things about Fairview either!  I am glad we were there and not Lakewood.  I think even if they were full-term, with twins, I would have felt more comfortable with a NICU. Although, I did spend a day in Lakewood for contractions about a week before the boys came and the nurses were wonderful there. 

I went to Dr. Moodley (high risk) also during my pregnancy (he is out of Fairview) and he was great!

• I delivered at Aultman. My OB is Dr. Weinberg, she's with Stark County Women's Clinic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So far I'm not high risk, but I will be going to Dr. Stewart on March 2 for my 3-d ultrasound. A little (okay... a lot) nervous but I heard he and his staff are wonderful!

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • My OB (Dr. O'Shea) will deliver me at Akron City.

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • I delivered my DD at Fairview and LOVED it...I will be having my 2nd there in June also.  My obgyn is Dr. Michele Colangelo...she is great!!!  I had the best experience at Fairview and would not want to go anywhere else.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTrishatUC23:
    My OB is Dr. Slotta and I deleivered at Lake West in Willoughby. She is awesome. The hospital was great - private room, knowledgable staff, wi-fi.

This!

• Medina Hospital (formerly Medina General Hospital). MY OB/GYN was Dr. Naples, but he has a solo practice, and was actually out of town when my water broke, so Dr. Foote performed my emergency C section. I believe she is with Medina OB/GYN Associates. I am going to use them for my next pregnancy. For a Dr. I had never met before, she was fabulous. Friendly, informative, and helpful. Her associate, Dr. Gaich, checked in on me after my C section even though he didn't have to (my own Dr. was back in town), but he came to see me anyway. Also VERY friendly, and kind, seemed awesome and they have a great reputation.

I've heard to stay away from Professional OB/GYN if you're near Medina. I'm not trying to defame them or anything, but my mother said Dr. Funk was very rude, and doesn't listen. I personally witnessed Dr. McKelvey openly disrespecting and insulting a client after they left the office, and my friend had a friend who died due to complications that their office deemed to be 'normal.'

• I can't say enough good things about the Paragon midwives either. I used them for all of my pregnancies and also was with them for our miscarriage last year. We've moved quite a bit, so I've gone through the Kent, Green, and Ellet offices and I like all of the midwives. Dr. Burkett was awesome with my miscarriage--so compassionate. My only complaint is Dr. Mitchell. I've had to see him a couple of times when I had unscheduled appointments due to concerns when the midwives weren't available and never came away with a positive experience. He gives you minimal information, makes you feel stupid and his internal exams are MUCH more uncomfortable than the midwives. Last time I went, he didn't even know why I was there or the fact that I had just has an U/S.

We delivered with Akron City--my first experience was okay with labor (had one nurse that was so horrible that DH said I tensed every time she came into the room) but great with recovery; with our second we had stellar nurses during L&D and the recovery room was so-so. I think I got a lot less attention because it was my second child. They were a lot more attentive with my first and I ended up with a lot of nursing students the second time around. It didn't help that the heater was broken wouldn't turn off and I was SO hot. Overall, though, I was happy both times with the hospital overall.

Ella is finally here!
    Elizabeth Anne Born 08/18/10; 7lb. 4.5 oz; 20" long

• I delivered @ Metro (I'm a nurse there..wouldn't go anywhere else), and my OB is Dr. Gradisar..absolutely think she's awesome!!
  • I will deliver at Medina, and Dr. McKelvey will deliver me.  Contrary to the pp, she has been a GEM!  I have had 3 losses, and she and the office staff have been nothing but supportive.  The day I called with my BFP, she had me come in for b/w, and the whole office staff was happy for us.  I was just recently diagnosed with GD, and she calls to check in regularly even though my diabetes educator is on top of things.  I wouldn't go anywhere else.
  • I delivered at Metrohealth, and I had an excellent experience there!  Well I had to spend 2 weeks in the NICU right after birth, that wasn't so awesome, but given the circumstances I couldn't have asked for anything better.  The nurses and staff were incredibly accommodating, and of course I LOVE my OBGYN, Dr. Kitagawa!  He made sure we were treated as his VIPs, and we really miss seeing him every month.  He actually said he can't wait til our next pregnancy lol  :)  When we were first looking into OBs, every doctor/nurse/staff we spoke to had only good things to say about Dr. Kitagawa, as a doctor, colleague, and person.
  • I use to work at MGH and Dr. Gaich and Dr. Foote are known to be really great and have an awesome bedside manner. Not all of Dr. Funk's group is bad, Dr. McComsey is a really great doctor.  With the changes that MGH has had with the Cleveland clinic one should receive top rate care.  Dr. Gaich is also part of Summa health system, he is considered a SPI physician.  I am currently an employee of Summa and plan to deliver at Akron City hospital.  My doctor is Jamie Bylar and I really like her.  The first few weeks though I'll see Dr. Masseellal from RGI because we had to do some fertility procedures to get pregnant.  The good thing about Dr. Masseellal is that every visit I will have an ultrasound.

happy to see someone from Medina on here!  

• I delivered at Akron General and went to The Reserve OBGYN in Green. That's where I'll be this time around too! I loved my experience at Akron General.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered my daughter 2 years ago at Marymount.  It's a small hospital but received wonderful, personalized care.  I just delivered my son at Fairview.  I had a wonderful delivery experience because of my doctor.  However the care in the Postpartum unit was average.  Fairview is a very busy hospital and didn't receive as much attention and personalized care by the nurses as I did at Marymount.  It's a beautiful hospital but as far as the care I would just rate it as ok.
  • Dr Kitagawa is my OB and I am so happy to hear you say all this. I love him of course but this is my first baby and I do not know anyone who has also had him and have had a baby. Thanks so much!!

• HI I delivered at Fairview & my OB was Dr. Fernbauch.  I had the greatest experience at Fairview & if I was to get pregnant again I would definitely use the same OB & hospital. 

• Is the father allowed to stay overnight in the room at Hillcrest?
  • I go to the Reserve in Hudson and will be delivering at Akron General
    Proud Marine Wife and soon to be mommy to a princess!
  • I delivered at Hillcrest and my doctor is Dr. Svets.  I absolutley love her and my past experience with Hillcrest for delivery was great.
  • I have Dr. Svets with CCF and delivered my last and will deliver this one at HIllcrest.  I love Svets and had a great experience at HIllcrest.
  • I will be delivering my first at Hillcrest in September.  Can you tell me more details on your experience?
  • I will be delivering at Akron General.  I also go to the Paragon in Green.  So far I love the experience.  I have heard nothing but good things about Paragon and already know that Akron General is a great hospital.  Cannot wait for August!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"