Parenting after 35
Options

If your LO wears size 4 diapers

Assuming your baby is not 28 pounds, Smile, I'm just curious, what made you decide to try the size 4 diapers?  Did the size 3 diapers clearly not fit?  The weight ranges overlap so much, with size 3 going from 16 to 28 pounds, and size 4 from 22 to 37 pounds, so I'm not sure when the best time is to switch, especially since the size 4 diapers cost more per diaper.  

I've never tried a size 4 diaper on Keira who I would guess is around 22 pounds, and don't know if it's worth buying some to give them a try.

Re: If your LO wears size 4 diapers

• Options
    fletch weighs 22 lbs and he's been in a 4 for a while now. We were in the swaddler 2/3 for a long time and then when it was time to go up the 3 weren't that much bigger than the 2/3. When we started the 4 he was nowhere near the weight for the 4, they just fit better.
  • Options
    The size 3 were leaking at night and the size 4s just seemed to fit her better.  No particular guideline just our judgment call.  Oh, and we changed around 22lbs.  Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

His big brothers wears a size 4 (no, he is not potty trained yet Embarrassed ) so it is easier to have them just wear the same diapers.  Connor was actually in a 3 for the longest time, but as soon as he hit 29 lb and Ryan hit 22 lb we moved them up to the 4s.

You get more in the smaller sizes so I would wait.

• Options
    S weighs 24lbs, and I've had her in size 4 for a while.  Her thighs were chunkier when I switched--she grew 4 inches in six months, so she slimmed down.  She still fits in 3's, but I think they look a tad snug.
  • Options
    If it seemed to get tighter in the waist, or if my girls were peeing and it  was leaking, I went up to the next size. 
  • Options
    I moved DS to size 4 around 20 lbs and when his existing 3s were fitting him more like a speedo from the imprint pattern.  I think DD got moved when she was about 21-22 lbs and again, just seemed like the 3s were getting a little tight.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Options
    My DD is around 23 pounds (guess, she goes for her 2 year appointment in March) and she is in a size 4 and has been for a while.  I move up when I can either clearly see that they are not fitting well or she starts leaking/having accidents.  I never pay attention to the weight on the box as it is so off as it really depends on how your baby fits into the diapers - babies body shape, etc.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"