Secondary IF
Options

Geez, this is getting expensive

This cycle, I have a price range of $1,067 to $2,373.  That's for all the drugs, IUI, u/s, b/w, etc...  The difference is in how much of the stimming drugs I need and we won't know until I get into it.  I know it's not as much as some of you are having to pay, but I'm whining because babies are supposed to be made for free.  Crying

Isn't there a website or something with donated meds?

All of this and I have cramps.  It's totally unfair.

Effing endo, PCOS, morphology.

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: Geez, this is getting expensive

• Options
    Tell me about it...donor background and medical info/photo/sample and shipping is $600-700 PER sample...1 sample is good for 1 IUI. My RE charges $210 per us which I get 2 or 3, and it's $310 for the IUI, trigger shot is $100 and the Clomid is about $40. It is crazy :( and now I have to do it all over again....this blows!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    imageLuckyH:

This cycle, I have a price range of $1,067 to $2,373.  That's for all the drugs, IUI, u/s, b/w, etc...  The difference is in how much of the stimming drugs I need and we won't know until I get into it.  I know it's not as much as some of you are having to pay, but I'm whining because babies are supposed to be made for free.  Crying

Really?  How does that work?  I don't understand this concept! Wink

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagequeenbone:
    imageLuckyH:

Ditto Crying

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    imagequeenbone:
    imageLuckyH:

Ditto Crying

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Sorry for the duplicate post...
  • Options
    Hi! There is a bumpie/nestie who runs an OOP system on here. I forget her name, but you can look into some posts on the Trouble TTC board. Basically, bumpies/nesties donate their meds and people can email this bumpie to see what the supply is and purchase from that supply. I will dig around and see what else I can find. Also, if you go check out other forums, i.e. soulcysters.com or others, they may have people who donate meds as well. Do a Google search. I will post back if I find any more info. Good luck!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

OK, found this while searching the Trouble TTC board:

"To reach the OOPmeds send an email to oopmeds@yahoo.com and include the meds you have, the quantity and expiration dates." I believe it's the same email address for those who are looking for meds as well, not just those donating. Give it a shot and let me know if it works!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsTeejer:

OK, found this while searching the Trouble TTC board:

"To reach the OOPmeds send an email to oopmeds@yahoo.com and include the meds you have, the quantity and expiration dates." I believe it's the same email address for those who are looking for meds as well, not just those donating. Give it a shot and let me know if it works!!

Thanks!  I'll send an email. :)

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Options
    Yeah I know, with a "safety net" of extra money (incase i need more u/s or drugs) I am needing to save up about $2000 for my injectables cycle. (and I'm unemployed =( )
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

How is this for mind boggling...  I just got a ledger from my RE with my entire  treatment history and what I have paid.  Thank the good Lord for my insurance because total charges for my year of treatment is $25 000 withOUT meds every cycle. I paid 50% of that OOP.  I nearly fell over.  AND we only did ovulation induction with TI.  Not even any IUI's or IVF's in there.

I am 100% with you on the cost.  It's disgusting that we have to pay so much when it is supposed to happen for free... or at  the very least the cost of a cheap bottle of wine.

• Options

You know what is even more sick (in my mind at least)?!?! 

That where I am the government will fund abortions! Even without a good medical reason, apparently "I was stupid and got knocked up and don't want it or to have it and place it for adoption" is a good enough reason for them to fund an abortion. Yet we get NO help with fertility treatments for people who really want children! 

#%^#^^$%$^#% <- me swearing

Sorry.. it just makes me so mad! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"