Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What baby item did you buy that was a waste of $?

Bumbo.... DS sat in it less than a dozen times before he learned how to try to get out of it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What baby item did you buy that was a waste of $?

• One-peice snow suits. Bought two. First one was too small from the start (and I went and removed the tags and washed it before trying it on him) and now the 2nd one fits but the weather got too warm!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bottles.  We tried every single kind all to no avail!  We are doign much better with the 1 sippy cup we bought!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelspinman:
    Bottles.  We tried every single kind all to no avail!  We are doign much better with the 1 sippy cup we bought!

Your little one too hey? Our son has never gotten into using a bottle. Tried a few kinds but he just kind of chews it and then gets miffed.

• The boppy - we barely used it.
  • the fancy pack and play. we never used the bassinet feature or the changing table part.

and the baby bjorn. i use a sling instead.

• imagelspinman:
    Bottles.  We tried every single kind all to no avail!  We are doign much better with the 1 sippy cup we bought!

ooh, this for us too! we haven't tried a sippy cup yet though.

• imageyale:
    The boppy - we barely used it.

This. And, the Moby. I love the Bjorn much more....

• the bumbo pressed into his tummy so much, he kept throwing up in it. and the swing. he just hated being in it. 

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
  • Moby wrap. It's a pain to put on, and DD hated it.
  • imageGoombaGirl_79:

imagelspinman:

Your little one too hey? Our son has never gotten into using a bottle. Tried a few kinds but he just kind of chews it and then gets miffed.

OMG I thought I was the only person whose LO would never take a bottle!

Glad to know there are other stubborn babes out there:)

• I love my boppy.  I use it all of the time.  It was especially great right after my c/s.

The biggest waste was the bedding set.  Did anyone else get this?  It comes with a bumper and a quilt, and it looks so cute when you are pregnant.  Practically every picture of a nursery has these items.  In reality,  I have never used either.  I am hoping that we use the quilt when we transition to a toddler bed.

• All the pack 'n play extras. He never used the napper, changing station, & has only slept in the bassinet part 3 nights when we were on vacation. I wish I would have just gotten a plain 'ol pack 'n play without all the extras.
  • The changing table on the pack&play....we use the crib part every night but the changing table has just been used as extra storage for baby stuff.

The Moby...DS cried every time I tried to put him in it and seemed really uncomfortable. He really likes the bjorn better and it's easier to strap on.

Sleep positioner....I used it at first because I was so paranoid about DS rolling over or suffocating on something but I stopped using it a couple months ago and now it's just taking up space.

The expensive bedding set...super cute but I never use the comforter (it's too heavy and not very soft) and am wondering if the bumper is more of a safety hazard than a help.

• For us it was the bobby, and a certain extent the bassinet, though he slept in it for 2 1/2 months and still does some mornings i wish we had bought a cheaper one.
    imageimage
  • FP Seahorse -- she hates it.  I turn it on and she gives me the angry look and goes for the blue elephant.

Sleep positioner -- she won't sleep on her back or her side.  I think she was in the positioner for a total of 45 minutes.

Big fancy recliner -- Maybe when DD sleeps in her room the recliner will get some use.  However, right now I haven't touched it.

Poofy, really warm one piece outfit to go over clothes -- it's southern Texas... what was I thinking?  It "snowed" one day and I ran out to buy the warmest thing I could find.  She never wore it.

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • the newborn soothing center by graco..........she screams her head off every time she is in it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The travel system. Ugh.

I wish I would have just bought an infant car seat. I never used the stroller, I always took the carseat in or used the Moby. Now DS is just fine with the umbrella stroller, which is much lighter and easier for me.

• imagethequeeenbee:

The travel system. Ugh.

I wish I would have just bought an infant car seat. I never used the stroller, I always took the carseat in or used the Moby. Now DS is just fine with the umbrella stroller, which is much lighter and easier for me.

This is me!!! I hate to admit it.

• munchkin car bottle warmer....have NEVER used it. At least not yet.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here. Also the carter's bouncy chair DS hated it and sat in it about twice-waist of $60+.?
  • The bassinet. She slept in it twice.
  • imagekgb1411:

The biggest waste was the bedding set.? Did anyone else get this?? It comes with a bumper and a quilt, and it looks so cute when you are pregnant.? Practically every picture of a nursery has these items.? In reality,? I have never used either.? I am hoping that we use the quilt when we transition to a toddler bed.

?

Ooh this too! I bought a whole set and only used the fitted sheet! ?

• The Moby. I was so excited about it, but each time I tried to use it, I would get frustrated and start crying.  It's thrown at the top of his closet.

I couldn't imagine life without our Boppy. Oh my word, that things gets used all of the time.  We even have two now and keep one on each floor of our home.

• -The 7 different bottles that DD still refuses. 

-The moby that DD cried in everytime she was in it.

-The swing that DD cried in after 3 minutes of being in it, every time!

-The boppy -- a regular pillow works just fine!

• imagenat6102006:
    Moby wrap. It's a pain to put on, and DD hated it.

Ditto. I'm hoping that now that he can be a little freer in it he will like it, though, but for now we're ok with the Bjorn.

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • imagellyynn:
    Bumbo.... DS sat in it less than a dozen times before he learned how to try to get out of it.
    This! He screams everytime we put him in it and is learning how to get out of it little by little.
  • pacifiers: we bought every kind imaginable and she won't take any of them.

• I also love the boppy. I prop the baby on it to feed him so I can eat breakfast in the morning at the same time. I tried to use the Moby a couple of times - never figured it out. With our bedding set we did have to take the bumper out and use a breathable one now. We also use the comforter as a blanket the baby lays on and plays on in the living room. I knew not to buy an expensive set. Baby loves the bouncy seat and the Graco soothing center, for the first few months those are the only places he would nap. He wasn't sure about the swing at first but got used to it. I also love the pack n play and all the extras. He slept in the bassinet for the first 3 months at night and we always use the changing part of it. The dresser/changing table we bought is too tall for me.
  • swaddlemes. He never used them.
  • They were gifts but:

Bumbo. She liked it for a week and then got sick of it.

Bouncer. The one at my mom's house she likes, the one we have at home is a useless piece of junk. Bright Starts pink bouncer. Don't buy it ever!

Bottle Sterilizer. I boil the nipples on the stove top and wash the bottles daily with warm soap and water. Seems easier to me.

Infantino Infant carrier. It has 20 millions straps and doesn't seem secure. I think we may invest in a Baby Bjorn.

• The Wipes Warmer- that thing was such a waste- it just fried the wpies and I'd forget to wet the stupid thing in the bottom.

I did use the comforter for DD's crib set once she was in her toddler bed. Heck, she still uses it sometimes in her big girl bed and she's 4 1/2.

Brigit, Mom to Alex, Isabelle and Charlotte, Widow to Earl
  • We didn't buy it ourselves, but we have never used the Angel Care monitor.  We should have returned it once we realized how loud he snored... with the regular monitor there is just no need for it... we can hear him breathing the whole night.
  • We were given a in- car bottle warmer, and we bought 2 different kind of  swings that we never used because my DD would always scream whenever we put her in it. Hopefully our "new" baby will enjoy it when she gets here.

• The Bumbo chair, he hates it with a passion! His little chubby legs don't fit too well and it's really uncomfortable for it. A waste of $40!
    Email only to couponmom11@live.com
  • imageMack924:
    The Bumbo chair, he hates it with a passion! His little chubby legs don't fit too well and it's really uncomfortable for it. A waste of $40!

This.  Also, the Moby.

• I guess every mom and baby is different.

I love my PNP with napper and changer. I actually wish I had two, one for each level. It is currently in our living room. He sleeps the best is the napper and we use the changer for all diaper/clothing changes. It is also great to have some place to stack extra blankets and burp cloths.

DS loves his swing (ocean wonders) and will play and sleep in it. He also loves his bouncer.

The one thing I did waste money on was bottles. I was not thinking about the type of bottles that were compatible with my breast pump. I bought a bunch of Advent bottles not realizing they wouldn't screw on to breast pump. The idea of pumping into one type of bottle and then pouring into another just seemed like a waste to me. I assume I will use them later when I am done BFing but right now seems like a waste and takes up space.

• I hated the crib skirt that came with the set so ended up repurposing the bumpers into a sort of crip skirt and hung the quilt on the wall.
  • I used the boppy only when I was pregnant, it helped me sleep soo much better!
  • Sterilizer:  We just wash the bottles by hand or run them through the dishwasher

Bottle Warmer:  We thaw the BM under hot tap water then put it in the bottles.  LO also isn't picky about temperature and will eat a semi warm bottle.

Hotsling:  This was so uncomfortable for me and LO hated it.  I ended up buying a Moby instead.  With that being said, the Moby was a bit too small for me and my plus sized frame until just recently.  I can't wear it with bulky clothes, just t-shirts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"