Toronto Babies
Options

Hamilton moms...

Hi, I just found this board.   I have a 3 1/2 month old daughter and 17 month old son.  I am looking for ideas of places to go, things to do, in the winter around here with the kids.  Any ideas?  Are there any Early Years Centres with scheduled activities?  Or do any of you get together with Social Mommas or Momstown? 

I think Kiwanis near me has a walking group on Mondays, but I am not sure if it still goes in the winter.

It looks like this board is pretty slow but if I will check back here. 

I didn't answer the getting to know you post below...but I live in Hamilton, originally from Nova Scotia.  I designed fabric and home textiles from 2000-2008 until I had my son.  Now I am a SAHM looking at starting my own business.

Re: Hamilton moms...

• Options

There is a play center in Burlington (not sure where exactly just know my nephew loves it) that is free.

• Options
    I will have to look into that.  Thanks!  I have been to the Early Years Centre in Limeridge.  It was okay, but more of a place for families to take a break from shopping than an actual destination I think.  The play area was huge, which was great, but it was hard to chase my one year old and carry my (at the time) newborn over that large of an area.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The Limeridge location is just a satellite location. I think the main location is on Queen North. I have never been though. There are still tons of things to sign up for that you can find out about at the Limeridge location.

• Options

Hi Dundasgirl - you sound like a busy mom who can handle more of a challenge - looking to start your own business!!  Here is something you may want to check out.  It helps people become healthy with natural and organic products that are doctor approved, there is also a bonus weight loss element too (I lost 50 lbs and have kept it off for 4 years).  Think there might be a market for that????  Watch this short video for more info. Cheers! DetoxMom https://media01.isagenix.com/Corporate/WW/EN/microsite/health_update/Default.htm

• Options
    Hey, I live in Burlington! Never heard of this free place to go though? I've joined Momstown, but haven't gone to any of their events though. Let me know if you find anything, I'm getting cabin fever! You can only walk around the mall so many times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In some of the catholic elementary schools they have literacy centers which have a lot of activities for LO's.  They do story times, art and craft projects, get to use the school gym and more.

We also do open (family) swim at Valley Park pool in Stoney Creek.

You could call or go online to see which schools have them. Also, they are free.

• Options

I am in Hamilton (almost Dundas). The Dundas Early Years has stuff you can sign up for, and so does the LimeRidge one (although it is a satellite - the main location for the Hamilton Mountain is at Hill Park - but there is a main one in Dundas too).

We should get all the Hamilton/Dundas moms together for a get together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageDetoxMom:

Hi Dundasgirl - you sound like a busy mom who can handle more of a challenge - looking to start your own business!!  Here is something you may want to check out.  It helps people become healthy with natural and organic products that are doctor approved, there is also a bonus weight loss element too (I lost 50 lbs and have kept it off for 4 years).  Think there might be a market for that????  Watch this short video for more info. Cheers! DetoxMom https://media01.isagenix.com/Corporate/WW/EN/microsite/health_update/Default.htm

W.T.H?

• Options

imageKrystalD7:
    Hey, I live in Burlington! Never heard of this free place to go though? I've joined Momstown, but haven't gone to any of their events though. Let me know if you find anything, I'm getting cabin fever! You can only walk around the mall so many times.

I will get the name/location for you from my brother. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"