Illinois Babies

I need help with this whole husband who smokes thing

My husband smokes, he has been smoking for years and I'm pregnant with our first child and he's killing me. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and the smell is ridiculous. He doesn't even smoke inside the house he smokes outside on the balcony but then the clothes and him smell like smoke and he just throws them on the floor inside leaving the smell to radiate. He's always saying it doesn't smell that bad, I can't even smell it, your exagerrating, but it literally drives me insane. On top of it he has a serious bowel issue that also makes the house smell horrific. I don't want all these fumes in the baby stuff I'm bringing in and also its in the carpets, the mattress, the walls the smell radiates through on everything and he just doesn't get it. Then its the if I hang this hoodie outside it'll just freeze. I seriously want to put him out like out out. It was hard with him being gone in the military because I missed him but I"m like almost ready for him and his habits to go back its driving me insane. If anyone has any suggestions, articles about smoke smell and pregnant women, things that maybe helped you quit. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks bumpies?

Re: I need help with this whole husband who smokes thing

• My husband smokes too.  I want him to quit sooooo bad and I complain alot about it.  Unfortunately he has to be the one that wants to quit.  Its not enough for us to want them to quit.  My mother in law also smokes like a chimmney and wants him to quit but since she smokes with him its hard for her to tell him to quit when she doesn't .  I hate the smell and he smokes outside also.  I wish I could give you more advice but make sure he doesn't smoke around the baby.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"