Trouble TTC
Options

Femara users???

Have any of you been put on femara (letrozole)?? My dr. wants to start this... Just want any advise.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC#1: DX with PCOS 3 IUIs all = BFN injections + IUI = BFP twins lost twin B at 8 weeks Our mircale arrived 09/30/08 TTC#2: since January 2009 2 IUIs + injections in 2010 = BFN Feb 2012: injection with Bravelle/Menopur=BFN April 2012: Letrozole+injection with Menopur= failed cycle May 2012: Letrozole+injection with Menopur=BFP June 5, 2012 Beta #1 = 2023 knew something was wrong with that number MC @ 5w5d had D&C on Friday, June 15, 2012 August 2012: Letrozole + Menopur = BFP August 29, 2012 Beta #1 = 9.5 hoping it goes up Beta #2 - 369.9 yay!!! Beta #3 - 7685 1st ultrasound 09/12/12 It's a BOY!!! image KStar Design.com IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Femara users???

• Options

That is the generic of Femara, so you may get a better response by changing the subject.

I have been on it and it has way less s/e than clomid and it has gotten me better follicle results as well. No +hpt, but progress has been made.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Options

Hubby and I had been TTC for about two years.  So my doc started me on Femara at the end of September.  I got my BFP on December 27th, 2009!

So it worked for me!  I'm a member on soulcysters.net and there are lots of women there who go on femara either instead of clomid or after having no success with clomid. 

I didn't have any weird side effects from it either.  It was pretty nice!  Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was switched to Femara when Clomid didn't work for me. I responded and O'd every cycle on it. I had horrible side effects on clomid, which is the main reason they took me off of it when I wasn't responding to even the low doses. I had no side effects with femara at all. 

Good luck! I think it's worth a shot.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I also am now on femara after 6 rounds of clomid.  I don't have the crazy hot flashes I did on clomid and I'm ovulating (and it doesn't have the same risk of twins that clomid does).  And I haven't needed to be monitored as closely as I did on clomid.  I'm a fan so far.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"