Florida Babies

Feeding my 4 month old daughter. Need Help!

My daughter Makayla is 4 months old and her peditrician said we could start her on rice cereal and every 4 to 5 days introduce a new vegetable and then move on to fruits. Well it has been a week now and the rice cereal doesn't seem to be going over very well first started mixing it with formula and she would just make a face then I started putting a little bit of applesauce in it and she would still make the face she also doesn't open her mouth for the spoon so sometimes I feel like she maybe doesn't even want to start foods? An then when she does open her mouth it seems that she takes the bite and then cries when she doesn't have the food in her mouth right away almost like she is too use to the bottle with the constant feed. I am getting a little frustrated with it all and almost feel like giving up my husband thinks that we should keep going because it is all new to her and she is just getting use to it. I need some advice any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Feeding my 4 month old daughter. Need Help!

• Try mixing the rice cereal with juice. Just a little, maybe even half juice and half water. Depending on how much you are making. Ex: 2 tsp rice cereal, mix with 1oz juice, 1 oz water. If that is too thick, water it down more, she may not like the texture just yet. Our pedi also told us that when you are introducing new foods, it may take up to 20 times for you to try giving something to DC before they decide they like it, even if every time before that they refuse or spit it out. My best advice to you is to keep trying, change it up each time until you get it just right! GL!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • i would wait and try again in a week or so. There is no rush
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto holding off for a week or two.  There's no rush.  Plus, rice cereal tastes like nothing.  Try oatmeal (plus, it's better nutritionally).  And try it with water.  DD was super confused when I was mixing cereal w/breastmilk. It was as if she couldn't understand why someone put stuff in her milk.

If you've waited and neither makes her happy, move on to veggies.  It's the texture that's throwing her for a loop.  Or maybe cereal isn't her thing.  Don't get frustrated, she's young and will learn in due time.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"