Trouble TTC

Retrograde Ejaculation

I am in the process of a miscarriage.  This pregnancy was actually a fluke.  Still incredibly sad, just the same.  We've been TTC for 2 years now.  My husband is the problem; retrograde ejaculation.  Is anyone else familiar with this?

Re: Retrograde Ejaculation

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I am not familiar with his problem.  I lost a baby at 8 weeks and it was very hard to get over.  I wanted to ttc again right away, but DH was too afraid of another one.  I found it helpful to come boards like these and talk about it.  Big hugs. 
  • I am familiar as my DH had it. I am sorry I don't post here often but I was lurking and saw your post..

Retrograde Ejaculation is very common in diabetics. However, my DH's was due to loss of muscle tone from a decreased testosterone level...Accupuncture cured his retrograde ejaculation. HCG injections helped his testosterone now if I could get a BFP!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Very interesting.  My husband had an AVM bleed in his head over 3 years ago.  The outcome is pretty much paralysis along the right side of his body.  He can walk with the help of an ankle brace.  He can speak and drive a car again.  His arm is pretty much useless though.  Anyway, the doctors aren't sure if this is part of the cause.  We have an apt in Feb with a fertility clinic.  We're hoping they can help out.  His dr says that they're meds he can take to fix it, but it can interact with meds he's already taking, so he can't take it.  We'll see what happens.
  • They can also extract sperm from the testicles..I think the procedure is a TESE..not sure don't quote me as we did not have to go that route (yet) becaus the inections are working.

Wow sounds like he has been through a lot. As a nurse it sounds like it could all be due to the paralysis. Hang in there. I am sure they will have a way to extract the sperm. It just means that TI is probably out. But there are other options. Hopefully the RE you are going to can help..

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Very interesting.  I wonder how they extract them.  What kind of injections is he getting?  What is "TI" ??  I haven't come across that abbreviation yet.  And I'm sure once we see the RE, we'll have atleast a few options.  :)
  • TI is Timed Intercourse.  On the bottom of the left column there is a link that says "Bump Board Glossary"  it lists most of the abbreviations you'll see on here.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • PP is correct..timed intercourse...They would need to extract the sperm because once it is in the urine the sperm die pretty quickly. To they extract them so that they are alive..

• The injections is Novarel/Pregnyl (same drug but different brand names.) it is HCG Human Chorionic Gonadatropin.

• My DH is going for urine test to check for this next week. If he is producing sperm they can check to see if he has some in his testes by needle aspiration or TESE where they make an incision and remove sperm. Our urologist said this will probably be the route for us as our SA showed azoo (0 sperm). with TESE the only option is IVF with ICSI. GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"