Infertility
Options

Pineapple and Strawberries Aid Implantation?

I've heard that women doing IVF eat these fruits to help with implantation.  Do you think that if it's true for IVF, it could work for IUI?  If so, how much are you supposed to eat each day?  Just curious what you all think.  I'm sure it won't hurt anything, so I think I'll give it a shot!  Plus, I like pineapple and strawberries!  Yum!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pineapple and Strawberries Aid Implantation?

• Options

I have never heard about strawberries but the bromelain in pineapple is suppose to aid in implantation, but at the same time I have read that in can also cause the uterus to contract causing woman to go into early labor or miscarriage.

so who knows!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm new to all of this so, I don't know.  But, they aren't bad for you and I agree they are tasty.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

On IUI #1 - #3, I did the pineapple and the pom juice and I got a BFN all 3 times, so who knows??  This IUI I did none of it, so we'll see what happens.

GL  :)

• Options
    imageMrs.P7/15/06:

I have never heard about strawberries but the bromelain in pineapple is suppose to aid in implantation, but at the same time I have read that in can also cause the uterus to contract causing woman to go into early labor or miscarriage.

so who knows!

This! I was told not to do because of possible contractions it MAY cause in the uterus. I wouldn't do it, but that is just me :)

• Options
    My acupuncturist has a plan - for IVF cycles you slice up a whole fresh organic pineapple and consume equal parts over 5 days beginning on the day of ET. But she also warns no pineapple too early in cycle as it can cause problems.
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On our BFP cycle I made the pineapple core smoothie!  I say it can't hurt to give it a try!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"