St. Louis Babies
Options

Day Care, Nannies and In-Home in St. Louis

We've started our search for day care and I'm feeling stuck.  We're open to centers, in-home or a nanny, but leaning towards in-home being the most affordable.  We live in the south city area but are willing to go to Kirkwood/Brentwood/Webster/Shrewsbury, etc.  Any suggestions?

Looking to go back to work late June/early July...

Re: Day Care, Nannies and In-Home in St. Louis

• Options
    Check Craigslist for in-home daycares.  Thats where I found mine, and we love her.  Just ask lots of questions and get references on them, since Craigslist can be fishy sometimes. 
  • Options
    Ditto previous poster.  Check out Craigslist (I advertise there when I have a spot open).  Lots of questions are important, meet with the person first in a public location, and you can run a background check on them as well.  If you are willing to pay a fee, you can advertise and look on Care.com.  Registered users have to pay to have a background check done and they have references as well.  Local churches may be a good place to look as well.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Childgarden is great.  They are off Laclede.  DD has been there since she was 3 months.  Her speech is wonderful, she knows her colors, can count to 10 and knows almost all her letters.  I credit them with a lot of that.  If they are full, Shaw Avenue is good right at Shaw and Tower Grove.  I've also heard good things about Downtown Children's Center.  

I had DD in Mary Margaret and they were horrible - I won't get into the details, but I pulled her out after 3 days and an ER visit for dehydration. 

• Options

Also, you can set up an appointment with these guys.  They were very helpful when I needed to get DD out of Mary Margaret.  I wish I would have gone there first.

https://www.childcarestl.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=187 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"