New York Babies

Anyone deliver or going to deliver at HVHC OR Putnam?

ThusadeedooThusadeedoo member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies
I am looking for info and/or experiences for both.

Re: Anyone deliver or going to deliver at HVHC OR Putnam?

• Hi,

I delivered my son at HVHC in 2008 and am having my second there this spring.  I had a scheduled c-section, and the experience there was great.  The nurses were caring and helpful, with breastfeeding and helping me, as I was recovering from the c-section.  Also, the food was good - they brought three meals a day for both my husband and me.  The cafeteria even called up to us to see if we wanted anything!  It's a great hospital.

• who was your doctor? Did you have an e-c-section or elective?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi,

I had a scheduled c-section (but not elective) because my BP was rising, my due date came and went, and my son was not descending into my pelvis (his head was jammed against my hip).  He came out weighing 9 lbs, 7 oz so chances are I would have ended up with a c-section anyway.  I have no regrets about the c-section and my doctor really waited to try to give me an opportunity to have a vaginal delivery.  But, I know she made the right decision.  I have friends that have had regular births there as well, and they all had great experiences.  Hope this helps.

• Hi! I am currently 24 weeks prego and I am delivering at NWH. But wantedtolet you knwo my sister delivered both her girls at Putnam and was so happy with them! Good  Luck!
  • I just found this board today!  I delivered my now 4yr old and 2yr old at Putnam and will be back again for my 3rd delivery either this month or next!  They are fabulous.  I can't say enough things about them.  My 1st son was born at 34 weeks and their neonatologist who also works at Westchester Medical was wonderful.  We spent 10 days there w/ my 1st little guy and the nurses offered so much support with breastfeeding.  They also let me stay in my room for the 10 days even though I was discharged so that I didn't have to come home w/o my baby.  I have nothing negative to say about them.  Good luck!
  • I plan to deliver t Putnam.  I have had friends that have delivered their and have had only good things to say.  Hopefully I will share their good experience.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I delivered at Putnam and LOVED THEM. I delivered at 34 weeks also and I was able to stay with DD for the full 8 days she was there. They were so good to me. I see Dr. Vosko and the mid wives there. They are soooo awesome.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"