Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

rec your convertible car seat plz

so yeah yeah, I know I need to do my own research and stuff...but I haven't had the time yet and C is petite so she's still OK in her infant seat...but we need to get her a new seat pretty soon. 

Anyone mind rec yours and if you have 2 (like one for hubby's car or a less expensive one for 2nd car)?  TIA!

Re: rec your convertible car seat plz

• I have the Britax Roundabout 50 in my car.  Bought it with the 20% off coupon.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgp5cg

My husband still uses the Chicco Keyfit 30 for his car. 

• I have the Roundabout 50, too. I like it so far, but it is fairly large when it is rear facing. My son likes it much better than the infant seat (Keyfit 30-more room!)
  • Loading the player...
  • we were thinking about the roundabout 50 too. we went and browsed the convertible seats this wknd. to put the seat in the center of the back in my car, we have to use seat belts (not latch). i don't think the roundabout 50 has the automatic shut-offs for seat belts, but the regular roundabout and the other britax ones do.

ready for the magically perfect carseat to fall out of the sky and install itself in our car...

• We got the Britax Boulevard b/c it was highly recommended on consumer reports. We did get two of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd be happy to email you the consumer reports page if you want it.
  • We have two Britax Marathons.  I love them.  When we have another baby, we will have to get rid of one because I can't fit two Britaxes and a Snug Ride in my car, so we will get a Sunshine Kids Radian to replace one of the Britax carseats.  I've heard they are just as amazing as the Britax, but sits lower and is more narrow and it folds flat for travel... and you can fit three of those across any midsize - full size SUV or car.
  • We have the Britax Roundabout 50.  I found them super cheap on babycatalog.com when they were having a sale, so I bought 2 of them. 
  • thanks ladies!  I've heard great things about the britax seats.  Anyone know anything about Radians?  I was just reading some things about them. 
  • I have heard that Radians are nice seats, but can be difficult b/c they don't install well in alot of cars.  How about the True Fit or Evenflo Triumph Advance. 

We have 2 Marathons and the great thing about Britax is that they can be anchored to the floor which prevents the seat from rebounding into the seat/headrest in front of it.

• After research and friends' recs., we decided to go with the Britax Marathon. 

I bought one on close-out from diapers.com for a great price.  I posted about it on FB and an old HS friend of mine said she wanted to get rid of hers and mailed it to me too.  We received them both last week.  YAY! 

We haven't switched yet, though.  I'm getting as much use out of his infant carrier as I can. DS is less than 10th percentile for weight (skinny boy), so we've still got 10lbs before he reaches the weight limit.  #2 will probably be here before he outgrows it.

• I am sure the Britax seats are awesome, just wanted to give another rec. We have the Eddie Bauer Delux and were in a pretty bad accident about 2 yrs ago. I was hurt, but my son who was in this seat was completely unharmed. COMPLETELY. To me, it's all about safety and this seat did it's job perfectly and not NEAR the price of the Britax.
  • Our primary seat is the Roundabout 50 as well.  LOVE it.  It's easy to use, the straps don't get twisted, it's comfy, and wears well.  We had the reg. Roundabout before our accident last fall, and this is the replacement one we got. 

I do NOT recommend our Titan Elite.  It just doesn't ever seem secure, the straps are crap and its a PAIN to get Jack in and out of it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Marathon in my car that I love.  DH has a Cosco in his truck that my aunt gave us & I'm not really a fan.  It's really difficult to adjust the straps & doesn't seem near as comfortable as the Britax.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• We have 2 Britax Boulevards - but both stay in the minivan!  My DH drives a 2 door car and we always use the van for the kids.  I will say, however, that we borrowed my sister's Accord last weekend and they fit just great in there.

I got them at Buy Buy Baby with my 20% off coupon.

If you order online, I would suggest looking at them in person at the store first.  I decided on the Onyx color after I saw the other fabric choices.  Not the cutest pattern, but the other ones looked too hot, especially for the Texas summers.

• We have 2 Britax Marathons and love them!
  • We have two britax boulevards.  Nothing but good things to say about them.
  • We have a Britax Roundabout and Marathon. Love them both.
  • imagedec05gurl:
    thanks ladies!  I've heard great things about the britax seats.  Anyone know anything about Radians?  I was just reading some things about them. 

We have the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.  We LOVE it!  I drive an Envoy, so there is no LATCH in the center.  I tried installing it in the center with the seat belt and wasn't satisfied with it, so I put it behind the passenger seat with LATCH and it installed much better (and easier).  The only problem is that I had to move the passenger seat forward a little, but I'm sure I would have to do that with any convertible seat in that position.  The seat sits much lower than other convertibles as it doesn't have an enormous base, so it's easy to get him in and out.  It sits RF 5-45 lbs and FF 20-80 lbs.  With the 20% off coupon from BRU, you can get it for roughly $260 with tax.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

• We just bought my son a Recaro Como G2. Love it! Ratings are great! If you go to Lonestar Baby in NRH they will match any prices that you find online!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"