Detroit Babies
Options

A long shot... Anyone in the Port Huron area??

We are new to the area and need to find an OB pretty quickly (just found out I'm pregnant).

I'm trying to find someone that is pretty "intervention-free". I prefer unmedicated labor and deliveries and would like to not have my birth treated as a medical procedure, if that makes sense. 

Not really sure of how to find rec's for dr's as we don't really know anyone here yet. Thought I would try here!! Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: A long shot... Anyone in the Port Huron area??

• Options
    I'm not from Port Huron (I did grow up in Marine City, though, & did a few years of college @ SC4!), but I would probably just start looking up midwives.  Do you know where you're going to deliver at?  If you are delivering out of a hospital, check out their provider links off of their website.  That's pretty much what I had to do while I was searching for a midwife for this pregnancy.  Good luck!  It can be pretty daunting!
  • Options

I already checked my insurance providers list, and there were no midwives listed.

A friend of mine said to just call the OB department and talk to a nurse for rec's. She said that's what she did to find her OB. I will try that next I guess. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far from PH are you willing to travel? Do you live in PH, or in Fort Gratiot/north of there?

Do you plan to use Port Huron Hospital?

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

I grew up in the Port Huron Area (I've since moved to a suburb of Detroit) but loved my OB/GYN when I was in PH.

Dr. Jeannie Rowe, I believe the practice is Bluewater OB/GYN, and the phone number is:  810-984-3181.

I really liked her, and if I was still in the area I'd still be going to her.

Hope that helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"