Orange County Babies
Options

How is everyone doing with this crazy weather?

Our street was flooded yesterday and our backyard looked like a pond, but other than that we are doing pretty good. It's hard to find things to do with DS indoors, he has so much energy and needs to be able to run around outside sometimes.

What are you girls doing to keep your LO's busy?

Re: How is everyone doing with this crazy weather?

• Options

DD actually started in childcare this week.  We are doing a nanny share.  What a week for her to start spending her days in a new place, with a new person, with no distracting and fun trips to the park or walks.  :-/ 

When I picked DD up yesterday evening and drove home, it was such a horrible time to be on the road.  At one point, I was imagining terrible things, because I couldn't really see anything, the streets were flooded. . .  

Glad to hear you are holding up ok.  I can totally imagine how restless your LO must be!  I think it might be easier when they are a little older and can read or color, build with legos, etc.  But maybe that's a fantasy too.  :-)

• Options

It sucks - no trips to the park, no walks outside. Poor DD is so bored. But we're hopefully at the end of it and by the weekend we'll be outside!

KRISTEL - how has DD handled daycare? Is it an in-home daycare? Not sure what nanny-share means...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLuckiest13:

It sucks - no trips to the park, no walks outside. Poor DD is so bored. But we're hopefully at the end of it and by the weekend we'll be outside!

KRISTEL - how has DD handled daycare? Is it an in-home daycare? Not sure what nanny-share means...

We are sharing a nanny with a family that hired her originally, but can't afford to pay for her all by themselves.  (We wouldn't be able to either.)  We each pay 50%.  They were sharing the nanny with one other family that lived near them.  So the nanny watched the two little boys, sometimes at one family's home, sometimes the other.  Well, one of the families dropped out, and we took their place. 

So the nanny watches just DD and one little boy who's about a month younger than DD is.  The only thing is, she does not come to our house at all.  I always take DD to their house, which is actually near my work, but not close to where we live.  So we are kind of getting the short end of the stick, but I knew that going in.

I hope that makes sense!  Anyway, to answer your question, it's definitely an adjustment.  DD likes Kerri, the nanny, and I think she is already benefiting from being around the little boy, who can walk.  The biggest problem is that DD is not good about sleeping anywhere except her crib.  The first couple of days, she didn't get good naps, and so that left her cranky in the evening.

How is your DD doing with her daycare?  Fully adjusted?

• Options

Good! Sounds like the adjustment is going well for DD. Hopefully she'll get used to the new napping routine too. Is she there full time?

DD is totally used to daycare now. She never cries anymore and seems to enjoy being there. But my main concern is that she never eats there. She's such a picky eater (you wouldn't know that from her size LOL). So most days her form says she ate "a couple bites" or "some pieces of orange." I feel like she's not getting her nutrients when she's there. And my other concern is that her sweet teacher is retiring after tomorrow! And we don't know yet who will be her replacement.

• Options
    Sorry Jettaky - for turning your weather post into a daycare discussion!!
  • Options

As a teacher, I am ready to go CRAZY!  Honestly, it is so bad.  The kids need out!

My drive has been incredibly bad with the freeway flooded last night.  I was scared.  Glad I didn't have DJ with me, that would have been bad.

• Options
    i'm fortunate to be able to stay indoors through it all. be safe everyone. oh, and i loved reading about the shared-nanny, lol, my ds has a hard time sleeping elsewhere too so not looking forward to that when i, someday, go back to work :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

As well as DS, I was going nuts being cooped up in the house... DS started running from one side of the house to the other... we went to my chiropractic appointment yesterday and DS just had a ball running in the hall way... I felt so bad for him...

we even stopped by the mall and it was a mad house there... I guess all the mom's with kids decided the same thing... 

but we went to a friend's house for a play date so that was nice change of scenery... 

• Options
    OMG, I just feel like I'm moving Maya from place to place inside the house all day long! I keep feeling like she is just looking at me like, "um, can we please go outside?" I took her to a yoga class today just to get out of the house and when we left the studio to come home, it was absolutely pouring. I looked like a drowned rat trying my best to keep her covered and dry walking to the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"