Missouri Babies

Can't decide if I should change doctors?

I'm feeling really frustrated with my doctor's office right now.

I've been going to Northland OB/GYN for the gyno side for years and have always felt shuffled around and seriously started to think they treated expecting mothers better than they were treating me (just from watching interactions and such).  We went for our first OB appt. last week and it felt the SAME way.  Shuffled around and no real compassion or whatever.  I feel like they will be doing the bare minimum as far as testing and ultrasounds, etc.

I feel like they have my due date wrong but the nurse practioner still said they'd go with the due date she stated (which is off my LMP).  Which means my 12 week NT scan would be done earlier than I think it should be done.  Not to mention I've had to call all over creation to find out if insurance will cover it.  I called my health insurance they said it depends on how it's coded, I called N OB/GYN and they send patients to another office for the testing so I had to find that office's phone number and try to get them to give me the info.  Etc. etc. etc.

It's so frustrating.

Bottom line, do you feel like you got exceptional care from your OB?  I'm in Liberty and hate the idea of traveling all over for my care - but I'd be willing to do it at this point to get great care.

Re: Can't decide if I should change doctors?

• I go to Northland OBGYN and have for years...both GYN and then OB for Sammie and never had any complaints. I'm sorry you aren't happy there!
  • I love my dr! I drive a long way to see her too (from St Joe to NKC hospital) but I think it's worth it because how much I like her. I would change if you are not happy especially while it is still really early. I know when I was pg with DS I had LOTS of ??? and you need to feel comfortable. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are having second thoughts, I would definately change. I don't have any experience with this group but I am newly pregnant with my second and had called there to schedule an appointment (I am hoping for a VBAC this time and have had to switch doctors since my old OB didn't do them). When they told me that I wouldn't have a main doctor and would basically be shuffled around with all of their (eight or so?) doctors, I decided I wasn't comfortable with that. I understand that usually toward the end of your pregnancy it is nice to meet with all the doctors in a practice in case they are on call when you go in to labor, I also think it is nice to have one doctor that knows you well and you get comfortable with them.

In my situation, I feel that my c-section with my daughter could have been avoided however I didn't know it at the time and trusted the doctor's group that I was with. Now I have so many regrets about not doing my research and fighting for a natural birth. This may not be important to you but just from experience, I feel that if you are having second thoughts about them, you should find someone that makes you feel comfortable. Even if it means you have to drive a long way to get there.

After my daughter's birth I was seeing Dr. Sarah White at Heartland Women's Healthcare and loved her. The only reason I am changing doctors now is that her practice doesn't do VBAC's. I am currently in the process if finding a new doctor that will help me with this so I have no other recommendations for you. Sorry for my soapbox and good luck with whatever you decide!

• If you feel uncomfortable or annoyed I would switch!  After all, you will be in the office a lot so it might as well be a pleasant experience.

I see Dr. White (who was also mentioned above) at Heartland Women's Health Care (in NKC Hospital - so a little drive for you) and would highly recommend her.  I saw her for a couple years before I got pregnant - I was in several times during the period when we were TTC (I have PCOS so it wasn't an easy process) and I always felt she knew my history and was dedicated to helping me get pregnant.  My baby was actually delivered by Dr. Rosbrugh in that same practice and I really liked him as well.  Their office is definitely busy and sometimes you will have to wait (especially on Fridays it seems) but I never feel rushed by the doctors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree w/pp's - if you don't feel comfortable with your doc, I would try to find another one. I love mine, but she is in Overland Park, so way too far for you! Good luck in your search - I know it is a frustrating thing to have to find a new doc.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemed380:

If you feel uncomfortable or annoyed I would switch!  After all, you will be in the office a lot so it might as well be a pleasant experience.

I see Dr. White (who was also mentioned above) at Heartland Women's Health Care (in NKC Hospital - so a little drive for you) and would highly recommend her.  I saw her for a couple years before I got pregnant - I was in several times during the period when we were TTC (I have PCOS so it wasn't an easy process) and I always felt she knew my history and was dedicated to helping me get pregnant.  My baby was actually delivered by Dr. Rosbrugh in that same practice and I really liked him as well.  Their office is definitely busy and sometimes you will have to wait (especially on Fridays it seems) but I never feel rushed by the doctors.

This is the group I go to as well, but I see Dr. Saunders.  I think I have seen them all though at some point and liked them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"