Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Rash on belly related to flu shot?

DD had her follow up seasonal flu shot yesterday.  Today, she got a rash on her belly/torso area.  Has this happened to your LO after a flu shot?  I'm trying to figure out if it is related to the shot, or something else.

Also, she does not have a fever and it doesn't look like chicken pox.  Anything I should be doing for this?  She doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rash on belly related to flu shot?

• If she's not bothered, it's probably nothing to worry about:)    It could be a viral infections that will simple run it's course and cause no problems.  Or, (and this is what Natalie gets fairly often) it could be a type of eczema caused by dry skin.    What does it look like?
  • You could try wiping the area with a washcloth and dot of babywash and rinse well in case it is something she came in contact with today.  Most likely, it is a reaction to the shot and as long as she doesn't have a fever she should be fine.  I would monitor and if nothing serious arises just call the peditrician in the AM to let them know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • rashes can be cause by colds or viruses, so maybe.  B got his shots today so I will keep my eye out.  Glad to hear she is feeling fine though!
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Thank you all! I looked it up a bit and noticed a rash can occur if they are allergic to eggs!  This reaction didn't happen with the initial shot in December, so we'll keep an eye on it!

I hope Brooks does well also!

ETA: It isn't raised or anything, but just little pink splotches on her torso. 

• DS had a reaction like this to his flu shot.  It was only on his torso, not on the limbs, so my mom thought it was something else, but the doctor said it was just a reaction, and it went away pretty quickly.

• imagethegan:

DS had a reaction like this to his flu shot.  It was only on his torso, not on the limbs, so my mom thought it was something else, but the doctor said it was just a reaction, and it went away pretty quickly.

Good to know it went away quickly.  Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"