Baby Names

How do you pronounce Sarai?

My cousin just had a baby girl, and named her Sarai. Is it pronounced Sah-ray? Sah-rye? Something else?

TIA

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
9lbs, 6oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you pronounce Sarai?

• i would say suh-RYE. i think it could grow on me. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • IT was Sarah's name (in the bible) before she and Abraham became Jewish.  It is pronounced Sa-rye.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would pronounce it Suh-rye.

• imagesugarland726:
    I would pronounce it Suh-rye.

Ditto.  I think it's a really pretty name too.

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • I imagine the girl will pronounce it "Sara with an i on the end."  Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A girl I know with this name pronounces it "Sorry".
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Everything I've found online about pronounciation says Suh-rye.

Kind of pretty..

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagesugarland726:
    I would pronounce it Suh-rye.

This.

• I have a 5th grader with this name!  She has asked to be called Sarah.  Her mother calls her sara-ee.  (if that makes sense)
  • imagejuniper19:
    IT was Sarah's name (in the bible) before she and Abraham became Jewish.  It is pronounced Sa-rye.

This, exactly!

• I've had a Sarai (Suh-rye) in my class.
  • I've heard Sarah in the States and when living in Mexico it was pronounced Sarah-ee, although it sounds slightly different with the central Mexican accent.  The accent was on the EE.
    April is National Grilled Cheese Month. How are you celebrating? image
  • I knew a Sarai and she pronounced it just like Sarah....I love it!
  • I'm mostly a lurker, but I have a few girls in my classes named Sarai and they pronounce it sarr-ah-ee if that makes sense
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"