Pennsylvania Babies

temping question

okay - not sure what is going on with my chart but I am 7DPO and yesterday and today my temp dropped below my coverline.  I have a 12 day luteal phase.

I haven't been sleeping well - up frequently, tossing and turning, etc -  but could this cause my temp to drop .3 and .4 degrees?

Re: temping question

• Not getting a solid chunk of sleep before temping (I think it's 3 hours, per TCOYF's guidelines?) can affect waking temps, particularly if you don't tend to wake or toss & turn during the night.  I tend to be a very light sleeper, so I never get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep - I wake frequently, but fall back to sleep very quickly, too.  Because that was my "normal," it didn't affect my temps, but if that's not your normal, it very well could play with your temps.

And FWIW, I also had one of the wackiest BFP charts ever (thanks to H1N1 in the 2ww), but I had a temp drop below my coverline, too (I think it was 9 or 10dpo?).

• I think I remember my temp being lower after a difficult night's sleep too.  Good luck!
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think interrupted sleep can definitely affect it. I only had one temp drop below my coverline on 11 DPO, but I think that was due to implantation. It went up on 12 DPO and I got BFP on 13 DPO. I would see if it goes up tomorrow. If it keeps climbing it might have been due to your sleep disruptions. Good luck!

• Thanks girls! Update: It did go back up today, but only to 97.1

Fertility friend took away my crosshairs and said it doesn't think I O'd when I thought I did last week.  I don't know.  Who knows.  DH & I just keep doing it every other day and will keep doing it every other day til I get my BFP or AF shows up lol :)  He's not complaining! haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"