Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Daycare or Home Daycare costs in Chicago area?

Hey all I posted this on the Chicago board but since they dont see a ton of traffic I also wanted to try over here.  My husband has this idea in his head that childcare will be much cheaper out in the suburbs that in it is the city, he thinks the 210-270 a week I am finding in the city is totally out there.

I just wanted to get some perspective from those of you living out in either the Northwest or Western suburbs about what you are paying currently for childcare. If you have an infant or a child under 2 I would be especially interested.  Even if you aren't living in Chicago but are in a Metro area that info would be helpful.  Thanks for the help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare or Home Daycare costs in Chicago area?

• I live in the western suburbs.  $210 to $270 a week seems reasonable to me.  We live in the far western suburbs and daycare here is a little bit cheaper than in the closer in western suburbs.  I priced both since I work in a closer suburb.  I've reserved a spot in a daycare close to our house that is about $230 a week.  I found daycares that would be over $300 a week. 

• Chesterbrook Academy in Wheaton and Lisle is $306/wk.  Kindercare in Wheaton is $312/wk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think 210-270 is actually on the cheaper side.  I plan to pay around $1500/mo for my daycare facility (around 350/wk) in the western burbs.  It's obviously cheaper in a home daycare though, I don't know how much those run around here, but the facilities are $1250-1650 that I've looked at. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  Yeah I have been getting quoted 250-280 from most of the daycare centers that I have visited on the Northside of Chicago where we live that have good reps and a good facility, biggest problem of course is wait list.  For the Loop I have been quoted 350-400 a week.  For the in home daycare places it seems to be running 200-250 a week.  Thanks again at least I know he's crazy now when he tells me he thinks we can get daycare for like 600-700 a month unless we are living in the far western burbs.

• Im far north burbs (Waukegan area) and Im gonna be paying $150/week for a home daycare.  I had to look around a LOT to find someone that inexpensive who I actually trusted with my kid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The daycares I checked out in the Evanston area ranged from $1300-1500/month. 
  • Northwest suburbs, Schaumburg area- $313/week for a good Kindercare (for infant care).
    weddingpicjamessmallgracied
    Susan & Mark ... Married June 14, 2008 ... Chicago Area
    James Tomasz born 1-5-10
    Grace Dorothy born 7-13-11

PROJECT BALANCING ACT: BIO and BLOG- yeah... needs to be updated.
  • LO will be going to a center that charges by the hour- FT care will run about 260/wk. NW burbs near my work.
    click the pic (blog)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"