1st Trimester
Options

Unisom and B6 for morning sickness???

My doctor told me to try this but when I saw the box it says its a sleeping aid.

Help me understand the reason or at least reassure me that its common.

Thanks

Re: Unisom and B6 for morning sickness???

• Options

unisom? hmmm... I've never heard that before. Sleep aids in general kinda make me feel hungover the morning after... which is kinda how I already feel!

::waits paitently with Roco&Leche for answers::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I keep hearing this on the board and it seems to be coming from bumpies that have spoken to their doctors. I have yet to ask my doctor about it but plan to this week at my appointment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I take it every night.Did when I was pregnant with DD too. My dr. recommended it.

It helps you sleep well and helps with the nausea. I don't remember why or how, just know that it works!

• Options
    Does it only help with morning sickness that is actually in the morning?
  • Options

I take this everyday! ?My doctor said that it is more of a preventative than anything. ?You take 50 mg of B6 3 times per day and half of a Unisom at night. ?I was also afraid that this would make me feel drugged in the morning but only half doesn't seem to do that. ?It works when you take it correctly and consistently. She didn't really tell me why the unisom but I think that a lot of it has to do with if I get a good night's sleep my mornings aren't are horrible and goes smoother and that seems to help the m/s for me. ??

I hope this helps you and you feel better soon!

• Options
    imagebmp84:
    Does it only help with morning sickness that is actually in the morning?

I had all day sickness and it helped for me!

• Options
    Unisom is an antihistamine (makes you sleepy, like the benadryl they put in tylenol PM) that has the side effect of reducing nausea. I took B6 in the morning and unisom at night and it did help my nausea quite a bit.
  • Options
    I am taking it but it is not helping.  Well, it's helping me sleep at night, but not helping the m/s.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was told to do this by my Dr and was told it helped break down the B6 to further assist the morning sickness problem. I was told to take 2 50mg B6 with a Unisom at night and one B6 in the morning. It seems to have helped.
  • Options
    did it w/ DD#2 and it didn't help...I'd try again this go around though if I start to feel sick.  Worth a try! 
  • Options
    The active ingredient in unisom and B6 is actually prescribed to pregnant woman in Canada for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. It's called declectin. I take half a tablet at night and it eases my nausea (doesn't completely take it away).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was having problems sleeping (not from peeing, just restlessness) and my doctor recommended taking regular Unisom.   She also stated that Unisom worked great in connection with B6 (50mg twice day) to help with m/s nausea.  I have not had any m/s problems yet so it could be the combination of these helping me, but honestly there is no way really tell if this is why.
  • Options

I was just told today to try benedryl and B6 for m/s.  Thought that sounded interesting, and heck a solid nights sleep can't hurt!

• Options

imagelulu?bean:
    Unisom is an antihistamine (makes you sleepy, like the benadryl they put in tylenol PM) that has the side effect of reducing nausea. I took B6 in the morning and unisom at night and it did help my nausea quite a bit.

Exactly what I do and it helps sooooo mcuh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"