Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BF's: change diaper before or after feeding?

Just wondering what you do and if there's a rationale behind it! Thanks :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BF's: change diaper before or after feeding?

• Well I don't breast feed, but I change him before his feeds because if he should fall asleep while eating (which he does a lot) I do not want to wake him to get him changed.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • During the day, change after BF, because he usually poops while eating Stick out tongue. At night, before (when he wakes up to eat), because he usually falls back to sleep while eating.
  • Loading the player...
  • I BF and I change her diaper before she eats. LO is a really sleepy baby and changing her wakes her up a little and by changing her before, I don't have to worry about waking her up afterwards to change her diaper.
  • imageTDKitty:
    During the day, change after BF, because he usually poops while eating Stick out tongue. At night, before (when he wakes up to eat), because he usually falls back to sleep while eating.
    This!
  • imageTDKitty:
    During the day, change after BF, because he usually poops while eating Stick out tongue. At night, before (when he wakes up to eat), because he usually falls back to sleep while eating.

this

• During the day it's after because it wakes him up and I like to keep him up for a while after he eats.  At night I feed him on one side, change him and swaddle him, then feed him on the other.
  • I change between breasts. It helps DD wake up for the second boob, but doesn't wake her up at the end.
  • imageTDKitty:

me too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBrit1017:
    I change between breasts. It helps DD wake up for the second boob, but doesn't wake her up at the end.

This!

• Depends on how demanding for food she is being.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Our feeding process begins with a diaper change, because our little dude is such a sleepyhead, and HATES having his diaper changed!  It pissed him off, wakes him up, and he's good to go for a feeding.  It's the most expedient manner in waking him up for us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I change her before because she tends to fall asleep after she eats. :)
  • imageBrit1017:
    I change between breasts. It helps DD wake up for the second boob, but doesn't wake her up at the end.

this

• I change before.
  • imageTDKitty:

this

• imageTDKitty:

This.

• With Zane, I have to wait until after he BFs to change his diaper.  If I change it before I'll just have to change it again after wards because during feeding his relaxes and that's when he poops.  So to save a diaper and my sanity (because he HATES getting his diaper changed and screams bloody murder) I just wait until after he's finished eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"