Boston Babies
Options

High Risk OB that deliver at South Shore Hospital?

I am thinking of ttc again soon.  We just moved to the south shore, so I can;t go to my OB who delivered my other children (Newton-wellesley).

I want to talk to meet with the OB before getting pg because I haev a few issues and want to start out on the right track.  Does anyone know of a high risk OB that delivers at South Shore Hospital?  I feel overwhelmed with the thought of starting over because I have so much history with my OB.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: High Risk OB that deliver at South Shore Hospital?

• Options

Not sure what you mean by high risk... If you are going for a VBAC, you are out of luck with St. Luke's and Tobey--their insurance does not cover VBACs and they won't make exceptions.  Not sure about St. Ann's in FR but I doubt it is different.  There are actually very few OBs practicing down here, so although I loved my Dr., her busy practice may not be for you. 

You may want to look at Women and Infants in Providence.  If your insurance will let you go there, I have a friend who has a Dr. there she loves (two deliveries) and my Dr.'s husband, also an OB who I saw once (great), has been practicing at UMass and is moving to W & I.  Let me know if you want their names (don't know them off-hand). 

Saw your loss in September.  God bless, and *please* remember that these things happen for a reason.  I also had a loss and two months later conceived my beautiful, healthy son.  You obviously know this, but I just wanted to send encouragement.

• Options

I am considered high risk because I had a stillbirth with my first pregnancy.  My second pg I ended up on bed rest because of pre term labor and then recently had a missacrriage.

I am in the South Shore, so I want to deliver at south  shore hopital.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sending you a PM!
  • Options

Hi,

I am a labor and delivery RN at South Shore Hospital and all of the OBs there can handle high risk pregnancies.  I personally go to South Shore Women's Health and they have offices in Weymouth, Duxbury, Scituate and Whitman.  South Shore Hospital has 3 high risk perinatologists that work with the OBs on high risk cases and they also have a level 3 NICU in case your little one was born early.  I am high risk also because I have had a 34 week preemie and my sister and mother both had 25week preemies.

I don't know if this helps but if there is anything I can do just let me know.

Good Luck,

Sarah

• Options

another vote for South Shore Women's Health.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"